sundown audio sa-10 ported box help

ThirdGenHemi

hey guys im new to the forum and having trouble finding any results on sa-10 ported enclosure builds. i recently traded up cars, and i had my sa-10 in a .6 cu ft sealed box with a p600 pushing it. it sounded great. but i know i wasnt pushing it to anywhere near its potential in a properly built ported enclosure. i am looking for more spl and i have more room so id like to go ported this time around. it seems like everyone is doing 1.5 cu ft and tuning around 32 hz. does anyone have any idea what port area and length i should use? im open to all ideas (aero, L, or U ports etc...) if anyone has any experience running these subs in ported enclosures. it doesnt have to win any spl or sq competitions or anything, a nice balanced street box with a good compromise between spl and sound quality would be cool.

thanks all for any advice/tips

p.s.

i was reading through the WINisd sticky thread, i installed the software and entered in all the parameters and it keeps telling me that the information im entering is wrong. i pulled all the specs right from sundowns page. the last box i built was for a 15 L7, and kicker provided all the box specs, so im new to all this software tuning stuff....

I do know that Jacob has suggested sticking with 1 cubic foot tuned in the low 30s...so it may not be a bad idea to stick with that. That being said I have no experience with that speaker so I cannot say that it would yield better results than the suggestions above.

If you post your max dimensions (height/width/depth) I can sketch something up for you if you would like.

Either of these two will give you what you are looking for. I have sent these designs to Jacob for building. I have only included exterior dimensions for now. If you are interested in any of these two, PM me.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.