Nakamichi CD-400 vs. Pioneer DEH-P880PRS

Hell if you're willing to spend $400, why not bump it up and get the best HU ever made? I believe the Clarion DRZ9255 can do any of the common colors, but I'm not too sure. Go look it up, they can be had for a fraction more than what you're looking to spend & are going to get the best HU possible. You can find them used for around $5-600.
Thats really just your opinion, isnt it?

well I guess I was in the right place at the right time, forum member Towncar posted a F/S thread last night and I was in there one minute after.

Picked up an 880PRS from him, new in box for an outrageous price (no warranty though). Looking forward to its arrival, thanks for the input everyone.

well I guess I was in the right place at the right time, forum member Towncar posted a F/S thread last night and I was in there one minute after.
Picked up an 880PRS from him, new in box for an outrageous price (no warranty though). Looking forward to its arrival, thanks for the input everyone.

I was just going to say that if it helps any I sold my CD400 to buy an 880PRS...but you already picked up the 880, so I guess that doesn't really matter //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif.

OP:

Shoot me a PM if you're interested in pictures of modified PRS880 background colors.

I have a 2006 WRX and the 880. I recently took the face place apart and modded it so that when I choose "White" background my screen is still white, but the knobs and side buttons light up GREEN - almost matching my WRX dash.

With a little more exprimentations on colors/materials I would probably be able to get the exact same green, but what I did with mine is very good, and I don't need it perfect.

Blue was retarded in the car, and white just seemed "too white".......the mod came out great!

PS:

I have pictures, and was goign to write up a guide here............just didn't don't have time to sit in fron tof a PC. Mebbe 1 of those days...

PSS:

I like the HU so much that I'm gettin rid of my wife's Kenwood X890 (she doesn't liek the colors and controls on it; otherwisae a good unit), bypassing Alpine 9857 (for it's sheer lack of .....well, everything; iPod isn't everything for me and even the 880 can stand up to Alpine's iPod controls) and getting another PRS880!

It will be modded again- to suit the yellow/orange dash lights on the 4Runner.

Good luck with it.

OP:Shoot me a PM if you're interested in pictures of modified PRS880 background colors.

I have a 2006 WRX and the 880. I recently took the face place apart and modded it so that when I choose "White" background my screen is still white, but the knobs and side buttons light up GREEN - almost matching my WRX dash.

With a little more exprimentations on colors/materials I would probably be able to get the exact same green, but what I did with mine is very good, and I don't need it perfect.

Blue was retarded in the car, and white just seemed "too white".......the mod came out great!

PS:

I have pictures, and was goign to write up a guide here............just didn't don't have time to sit in fron tof a PC. Mebbe 1 of those days...

PSS:

I like the HU so much that I'm gettin rid of my wife's Kenwood X890 (she doesn't liek the colors and controls on it; otherwisae a good unit), bypassing Alpine 9857 (for it's sheer lack of .....well, everything; iPod isn't everything for me and even the 880 can stand up to Alpine's iPod controls) and getting another PRS880!

It will be modded again- to suit the yellow/orange dash lights on the 4Runner.

Good luck with it.

I saw this one in person..looks Excellent.

You know I have the 880s right? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Oh noes!

.....will be calling you in about 30 mins - lol - so pick up your phone.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Installed the 880PRS today and used the auto EQ and TA feature. Seemed to work ok for now. My friend actually did the wiring for me and I have a question.

If the headunit is powered off and I turn on my headlights, the lights on the unit come on also. Is one of the wires hooked up incorrectly?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.