Na$ty a$$ honda accord (low lyfe) build log - 56k

links are not working but i did look them up and ya thats fine.

im running the same 8" exept im running the 8ohm versions as it has more xmax 7mm compared to 6mm from the one you liked to.

i have mine crossed like this...

sub - 28 to 60hz

8" mid-woofers - 60hz to 250hz

6.5 - 250hz to 3k

tweeters 3k up.

no you could go a little higher on the 8" say like 350/400 maybe 500hz . just cross the 6.5 were you cross the 8"

or you could let them over lap a little.

like 8" 60 to 250hz and 6.5 200hz to 3k.

does your amps have bandpass filter ?? as you need that in order to pick your high and low crossovers for your 8" and 6.5 .

more bad news your amp is not active capable .......

you cannot band pass your 8" or 6.5 ..

the only way is to get a processor .

if your not sure what bandpass is google it and look at this amp it has bandpass ( meaning you can run it active )

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_38338_Precision-Power-PPI-P900.4.html

look at the pics were the crossovers are you will see a switch were you can set it to bandpass. doing that will allow you to set the high and low crossovers for each set of speakers.

links are not working but i did look them up and ya thats fine.im running the same 8" exept im running the 8ohm versions as it has more xmax 7mm compared to 6mm from the one you liked to.

i have mine crossed like this...

sub - 28 to 60hz

8" mid-woofers - 60hz to 250hz

6.5 - 250hz to 3k

tweeters 3k up.

no you could go a little higher on the 8" say like 350/400 maybe 500hz . just cross the 6.5 were you cross the 8"

or you could let them over lap a little.

like 8" 60 to 250hz and 6.5 200hz to 3k.

does your amps have bandpass filter ?? as you need that in order to pick your high and low crossovers for your 8" and 6.5 .
Thanks, this was really helpful. Any idea where my 5 1/4s would fall into play when it comes to my crossover points? I also have 8 of them [emoji12].

if your not sure what bandpass is google it and look at this amp it has bandpass ( meaning you can run it active )

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_38338_Precision-Power-PPI-P900.4.html

look at the pics were the crossovers are you will see a switch were you can set it to bandpass. doing that will allow you to set the high and low crossovers for each set of speakers.

Bahhhhh, you're killing me now. I need a processor even though i have seperate amplifiers for all of my speakers? 5 amps in total.

Thanks, this was really helpful. Any idea where my 5 1/4s would fall into play when it comes to my crossover points? I also have 8 of them [emoji12].
you dont need them.

the 8",, 6.5,, tweeters are all you need. adding the 5.1/4 is a wast of time.

if you was to use the 5.1/4 you would need a very expensive processor as you would be 4-way front setup.

by doing the 8"-- 6.5-- tweeters give you a true 3-way front stage and most processors will do 3-way plus sub stage.

if you dont have allot of money to spend for a processor get this one... i may get one myself as it looks good for the money.

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_88333_Precision-Power-PPI-DSP-88R.html

Bahhhhh, you're killing me now. I need a processor even though i have seperate amplifiers for all of my speakers? 5 amps in total.
ya because non of your amps are active capable . you need bandpass on the amps and your amps do not have bandpass.

so ether get a processor and use the amps you have

or

get different amps that have bandpass.

Precision Power PPI P900.4 Phantom 4-Channel Amplifier

Sorry for some reason it is not allowing me to see your full message/reply via my phone on the tapatalk app. I see now the link that you mentioned for bandpass (active) amplifiers.

I can't set my high/low pass crossovers for each set of speakers directly through my HU's built in EQ? It has a 13 band eq built into it.

Sorry for some reason it is not allowing me to see your full message/reply via my phone on the tapatalk app. I see now the link that you mentioned for bandpass (active) amplifiers.
I can't set my high/low pass crossovers for each set of speakers directly through my HU's built in EQ? It has a 13 band eq built into it.
no.

that h/u only has high pass and low pass. the low pass is only for the sub. the high pass is for everything else .

that h/u does not have bandpass. so you cannot set up crossovers for bandpass with that h/u .

i have about the same h/u except mine is single din with 7" flip out screen. but all same features . so im well aware of what these h/u can do.

this is my h/u ..

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_130P6300BT/Pioneer-AVH-P6300BT.html?search=AVH+P6300BT&osp=avh-p6300bt&tp=20217

ok im wrong....

just downloaded the manual for the h/u ...

it says you can adjust the high and low crossovers for the " mid speakers". so you could set ether the 8" or 6.5 . as you only have 3 outputs.

so its..

sub// mid// high.

so your still stuck... i say get a professor and be done with it. that way you can adjust each pair of speakers to your liking.

as it will cost more to replace the amps.

so what im trying to say according to your manual you can do a 3-way but that includes the sub. ( sub-mid-tweeters ) and you need 4-way including sub. so true 3-way front stage and sub.

so i like your h/u better as i only have 8band eq and i only have high/low pass crossovers and no " mid " crossovers. that *****.... lol

This so fits here. Such a classic

lmao, i could not see this at work for some reason but I just watched it when i got home. What the holy f**k is that ratchet mess???? Goodness gracious! Pretty hilarious though.

ok im wrong....
just downloaded the manual for the h/u ...

it says you can adjust the high and low crossovers for the " mid speakers". so you could set ether the 8" or 6.5 . as you only have 3 outputs.

so its..

sub// mid// high.

so your still stuck... i say get a professor and be done with it. that way you can adjust each pair of speakers to your liking.

as it will cost more to replace the amps.

so what im trying to say according to your manual you can do a 3-way but that includes the sub. ( sub-mid-tweeters ) and you need 4-way including sub. so true 3-way front stage and sub.

so i like your h/u better as i only have 8band eq and i only have high/low pass crossovers and no " mid " crossovers. that *****.... lol
so basically still FML, lol.

So if i wanted to run my tweets, 5 1/4s and 4x (6 1/2s or 8s) + my sub could i get away w/ using just my HU or should i still just get the processor you mentioned? The cost of this project just keeps on increasing :/

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.