Na$ty a$$ honda accord (low lyfe) build log - 56k

Bahhhhh...I received the wrong battery today //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

I ordered this...

but received this...

USPS just dropped off a few more goodies. The only things I am still waiting on is my HU and my Singer alternator. It also looks like I will be using the big 3 Kit I purchased from SKCA as well seeing that it is non-refundable (oh well...rolls eyes).

This is my 2nd Kolossus Fleks 0 Gauge Dual Amp Power Kit (OFC) that I purchased from KnuKonceptz.com. There cable is great! I also got a 50ft roll of 14 gauge OFC cable from KnuKonceptz to wire up my tweets.

http://www.knukonceptz.com/mobile-a...sp/kolossus-fleks-0-gauge-dual-amp-power-kit/[/URL]

20150313_151221.jpg

Here is the battery terminals from SKCA...I may need to get 1 more set for my front battery as I do not think my KnuKoncept terminals will hold all of the runs I will need.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pair-of-Sky...pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item418f5695e1

20150313_150433.jpg

So...I have been busy with trying to figure out all of the wiring for my setup so I decided to build out a diagram. Way to many cables, but here is what I have got so far. Let me know if you see anything that should be changed or could be improved upon.

My Electrical Diagram

My Speaker Wiring Diagram

Thanks for checking it out and I appreciate your feedback.

i think your wiring diagram has some flaws.

4/0 is labeled but i think it should be 4awg. correct?

the amps aren't shown as grounded, i assume they are.

the speaker wiring outputs aren't +12V.

wiring should be color coded.

HU RCA's

front out to tweeter amp

rear out to mid/woofer amp

sub out to sub amps

move at least two of those tweeters behind you, between the mids. like a dual MTM arrangement. otherwise the rear will sound weird. moving four back there would be even better. up front, tweeter in pillar and tweeter in kick.

i think you'll be lacking midbass. this is where a pair of nice 8" midbass would come in handy, some pro audio woofers on a dedicated amp. these would be best implemented in your rear mid enclosure. it looks like you expect the 5-1/4 to handle midbass duty, but they won't keep up.

i think your wiring diagram has some flaws. 4/0 is labeled but i think it should be 4awg. correct?

the amps aren't shown as grounded, i assume they are.

the speaker wiring outputs aren't +12V.

wiring should be color coded.

HU RCA's

front out to tweeter amp

rear out to mid/woofer amp

sub out to sub amps

move at least two of those tweeters behind you, between the mids. like a dual MTM arrangement. otherwise the rear will sound weird. moving four back there would be even better. up front, tweeter in pillar and tweeter in kick.

i think you'll be lacking midbass. this is where a pair of nice 8" midbass would come in handy, some pro audio woofers on a dedicated amp. these would be best implemented in your rear mid enclosure. it looks like you expect the 5-1/4 to handle midbass duty, but they won't keep up.
Yes, my apologies it is supposed to be 4awg...I blame late night designs with no coffee!

I grounded the 2 4002 amps per the diagram, but can the 2 2500s be considered grounded by going back to the negative terminal on the reserve batteries? If not I can ground them in the same location as the 4002s.

Also the speaker wire is not 12v but with the free software I found last night I could not figure out how to color code the wiring and the 12v +/- was the only thing I could find to differentiate L/R and +/-.

I originally had the rear soundbar with 4 5.25s and 4 tweets but removed the tweets because I thought it might sound weird with all of that sound coming from behind. I will move 4 of the tweets back to the sound bar and adjust the wiring accordingly. How do you think it would sound if i just placed a set of tweets in the kick panels and another set in the factory locations on the dash and not messed with the a pillars at all? Or I could place the 2nd set in my doors possibly. If I can get away without greatly modifying my original panels that would be great but if I have to I will.

8"ers for midbass and another amp??? Bahhhhhhh. 5 amps...I am running out of room.

---------- Post added at 09:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:40 AM ----------

Also, won't the RCA's require a lot of splitters since I am running so many speakers?

fine with the tweeters in dash locations and avoid the pillars.

the reason you want to combine tweeters with mids in this build is so every source sounds full range. you want to be surrounded with music and have it sound the same everywhere.

at least plan for 8's and another amp. i think you'll want it.

just split or pass-through for the subs. you have a 2 channel amp for the front out and a 2 channel amp for the rear out. easy.

Okay, thanks for the recommendation. I will most likely take your advice since you are the pro. I will see if i can find another Orion 4002 and some dedicated 8" for mid bass. I will take a look at Pro Audio.

I did not get nearly as much done as I wanted to this weekend. Unfortunately other life events took priority. However, I was able to get all of the interior panels removed from my vehicle so that is a start. I was amazed at how filthy my car was inside once everything was removed. The only thing left within the vehicle currently is the drivers seat, carpet and dash. I will attempt to start the deadening next weekend after some thorough cleaning. I will be fully deadening the vehicle and applying 2-3 layers in troublesome areas. Once that has been completed I will be going over all panels with acoustic foam.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.