My system isn't working anymore?

xander37
10+ year member

Last night I thought I had everything setup perfectly and was confused with why my subs weren't turning on, along with power not going to my amp. It turned out that I'd forgotten to plug the other end of my rcas into the back of my headunit. After doing so, I was pretty satisfied with the way it shoved, and knowing that I'd just completed the setup in my car for the first time.

Well this afternoon I go to take it out so I could hear its full power. That's when I heard nothing except music through the regular speakers. I was disappointed and confused with what could have happened since last night. Anybody have any ideas on what it might be and suggestions to fix it?

check the power and remote wire for voltage,also check the ground
Before I connected the ground I made sure the paint was all scraped off. Do I check the power on these wires with a multimeter? What happens if it ends up reading that I'm not getting any power? Would I check the connections? I know for a fact they are pretty ghetto, it's 0 gauge wire I had to shave down very thin so that my bolt could pass through it. I didn't use the crimps that were included in the stinger wiring kit on my battery terminals because the **** bolts were too thick and woudn't pass through the hole even though they are 8mm and the crimps are made for 8 mm. That was some of the most frustrating **** I've been through and after working on it for an hour I said **** it and went with the trashy way of doing it. I'm thinking it has to do with this reason, but I don't understand why it was working last night and now it isnt.

check the remote wire and check the fuse underneath the hood and the ones on the amp

What fuse would I look for?

Unrelated but is the setup in your sig your actual setup? It made me lol. Esp your "neon lighting". //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

What fuse would I look for?
Unrelated but is the setup in your sig your actual setup? It made me lol. Esp your "neon lighting". //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif
lmao, also thats not my actual system.. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/naughty.gif.94359f346c0f1259df8038d60b41863e.gif
close to my real system though //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/blackeye.gif.66a1670f5aaf7f406e783a63e3387dc5.gif

Some amps don't have built in fuses, it's perfectly normal. If it had a fuse it would be on the outside. Check the fuse under the hood in the fuse holder. Actually pull the fuse out and test it with a multi meter for continuity. Sometimes the fuses blow but they look fine.

Some amps don't have built in fuses, it's perfectly normal. If it had a fuse it would be on the outside. Check the fuse under the hood in the fuse holder. Actually pull the fuse out and test it with a multi meter for continuity. Sometimes the fuses blow but they look fine.
I have a regular old analog multimeter, would that suffice? I'm new to all of this stuff including electronics. I checked my remote wire by switching the multimeter to what looked like the symbol for ohms and measured it at x1k and it said it was good. Then I checked my power wire, it didn't register at x1k so I switched it to x10 and it read positive as well. Did I do this correctly? How would I measure whether or not the fuse is good? What setting do I dial it to? Sorry for all the questions I'm just lost and frustrated right now.

EDIT: Also do you know what the fuse I would be looking for is called? aux input fuse?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.