My system is not spl

9 Breaker
10+ year member

i just reinstalled evrything in my xterra (my equipment list is on the bottom).

everythings looks good , but

it only hit 140 db.

I expect it to be around 150-160 db.

the good thing about it is the sound quality. The sound is like pure and crystal clear.

I lowered the bass a lot so not too much bumbs.

Even when i turn up the volume, the sound is still crystal clear.

maybe i should go for sound quality. I need something that makes the sound really pure!

any suggestion?

I would definitely recommend sound quality. That's where my system is headed.

To me at least, the benefits of SQ far outweigh any SPL benefits. You can listen to your system without the use of earplugs or other ear protection, and the sound is just so much better to me than bass that overpowers everything else.

With my hearing problems, since I replaced the stock head unit and added my 10W3 sub, I have had no sound-related aches or pains in my ears, and I can hear everything nice & clear. Once I replace the stock speakers with components, I'm sure my SQ will be very nice.

Good luck with whatever you go for...

All you need to do is all some more power to you subs for a little more db. With MOMO subs i would have at least 2k watts running fot the 2 subs they can handel a little more that that. good luck depends on if you want ball quenching bass or quality clear sound its up to you dude. Good luck

i decided to get MOMO component system.

i think it should increase the quality of the sound, plus with 4 tweeter.

anymore suggestion?

140 for your system is pretty respectable. Polk puts out more of a SQ sub, than SPL. If your looking for 150+, you will need to go with more than 2-12's. If you really want to hit the 150's, I would recommend bridging 2 of the subs together using 1-bd1000, this will give you 1000 wRMS(2-ohm load), which will give each sub it's recommended 500 wRMS. Buy 2 more polk Momo's and do the same with your other bd1000. You should definitely get into the 150's if you put them in the recommended enclosure.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.