My system is being... difficult. (Detailed information)

ya that would make sense. but if the main fuse is blown then how would that REM wire be getting any power whatsoever?
Remote wire is getting power from the deck....

hmm i just re read his second post says he had problems with the remote wire, I wonder if he has the remote wire from the deck still there though?

Remote wire is getting power from the deck....
hmm i just re read his second post says he had problems with the remote wire, I wonder if he has the remote wire from the deck still there though?
sorry thought he had a jumper from the amp's power to REM

Unless there was a short somewhere and the fuses blew to protect the amp //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
Which if that happend I'd almost gurantee that his front fuse is blown....He said the wire is ran through his door so I'd almost bet something is shorted.

I don't think its the amp
I assumed his remote isn't hooked up to the deck any more but if it still is, you may be right about it pulling too much from the deck. I don't think that is what he was saying with his post though. I think his remote wire is just attached to the power terminal so the power terminal has to be getting power if the amp is going in and out of protect.

If the amp is getting a steady and constant 12v that isn't dropping to like 9v when it's playing, then the problem lies with the amp.

The Remote wire is jumpered, not coming from the deck. The main (front) fuse is NOT blown. Im leaning more and more towords the diode problem, I need to find time to open it up and check the dioides... Because honestly, other then that I have no idea what it could be. The only reason i think this is because I was running the amp on full gain. The system was always poundin to it's limits, and the amp got real hot a lot. I think i might have to invest in a new amp.

One thing though, i do have another amp, it's a Hi-Fonics Brutus 2000- Super-D.

But when i try to hook that up (even before THIS problem) it would only bump to a certain volume and then go into protect, Im thinking this is because I onyl have 4 gauge wires and an 80amp fuse up front.. i think it needs more power to it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.