wire gauge.

Participant count
  • Participant list

shaneb
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
first. i have read gauge to current charts, i understand the "needed" gauge...

I have a memphis pr300.2 amp that is currently running on 8 gauge power wire and a cheap-o boss 4x amp that is running like 10 gauge...

i am running kicker comps off the amp at 150rms, soon, once i build the box, i am going to be running memphis 12's off of the amp at 210rms...

now my boss amp is under my passenger seat and thats crap so im movin' it to the trunk, im going to run it from my sub amps wiring (the 8awg) that is through a 100a inline fuse. i am going to get some new power wire for the memphis amp that will run through a 150a stinger fuse...what gauge do i get? i was planning on just gettin' some 4 but the more and more i read on here people "always go big" but because i am very budgeted i want to "go necessary" not really planning on upgrading anytime soon, so am i fine with the 4 gauge or should i be looking into some thicker stuff....

and i assume 8 gauge will run a piece of crap low wattage amp like my 4x for the speakers...

thanks....and i was checkin out knukon wire, is that some good stuff or would i be just as well off goin to the local ca shop and gettin' some power wire by the foot for 20cents more a foot...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.