My speakers distort over volume of 3 (help)

Do you have an amplifier in the car? If you do, make sure the gains aren't maxed out. If you don't have an amp, and you're sure the radio is wired correctly, set your treb/bass to flat (0). If your speakers still distort, go to your local shop and have them listen to it. It's likely that they're blown (W/O amplifier) and need to be replaced. Good luck.

If you can get at the speaker and somone you know has a speaker lying around it's likely you could use that to test the connection, just be careful with their speaker keep volume low.

I'm sorry all thease guys are asses and won't answer your question like an adult would. I asked, and the reason you are distorting is because your stock head unit was putting about 15 w to each of your speakers . Now it is about 40 to each. Eaithier put the stock back in or replace your speakers. :) hope I helped
There are only a handful of headunits that put out 40wrms to speakers without any additional amps or inline amps. Thats not the issue.

My ******* god will y'all shut the **** up leave me the **** alone I swear to god you ******* ask the world out of me my god get a ******* life!!!!! Do any of u ever put the mouse down go for a ride or *** a chick! Gotdamn!
At least I tried to help the guy! All u did was make fun of him.... **** y'all I'll never post in tech .... AGAIN

Thank God for that. You seriously need to learn to bypass the censor.

My ******* god will y'all shut the **** up leave me the **** alone I swear to god you ******* ask the world out of me my god get a ******* life!!!!! Do any of u ever put the mouse down go for a ride or *** a chick! Gotdamn!
At least I tried to help the guy! All u did was make fun of him.... **** y'all I'll never post in tech .... AGAIN
OMG what a fucking drama queen... Learn how to type, quit your bitching!, and GTFO!

at volume 4 that head unit is putting out around 3 watts. set everything flat loud off. try again if it's still doing it pull speakers and make sure the leads are not close together

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.