My Pg Rsd65cs Review:

ok so i'm having this issue with my tweets where i feel like the right side is more on point than my left one. any tip on how i can get it to sound like it's in front of me?

ok so i'm having this issue with my tweets where i feel like the right side is more on point than my left one. any tip on how i can get it to sound like it's in front of me?
you either need to angle them differently, or fix it with a L/R EQ. not much else you can do. well, maybe put the left side on +2 on the crossover and the right side at 0 on the crossover. i had the same problem until i put my tweeters on axis. my auto EQ now actually tried eqing down my left side tweeter.

i'd say mess with your T/A, but T/A doesn't do much on tweeters. T/A should be adjusted till vocals sound centered, which are frequencies that the mids will mostly be taking care of.

For tweeter placement Im unsure where I should mount. Options are

-Sail panels

-In door panel next to mid (if sitting they would be closer to the front of the car from the mid)

-In kick panel (like yours)

I imagine the sail panel could be harder to tune but which would sound the best? Or will there be little difference? The last option would be the furtherest and lowest of the options but the 2nd would be closest to the mid. (3rd is about 8" from mid whereas 2nd is 2")

Thanks so much!

^ you can always use some putty or double-sided tape to experiment with tweeter placement.
x2

BTW: i'm stilling running the rsd's. they are still surviving my "crazy" amount of power and at what some may call "extreme" crossover points. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Just got mine in today. Have to admit, the alpines I had before were quite a bit brighter (5.25" type s coax's), but a bit clearer.

Actually was quite dissapointed with them, until I accidentally turned off my HPF on the hu playing around (forgot the point of the crossover, and thought i still needed it on in head unit, first set of comps), and i thought the subs got turned on lol.

Gotta definately deaden the doors now. Midbass on these things is crazy. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eek.gif.771b7a90cf45cabdc554ff1121c21c4a.gif

Only throwing like 30-50w to each side, and I can probably max the suspension of the mids out. How much difference do you guys think I'll notice if I throw 100+rms to them (which everyone seems to be suggesting)? I'm VERY impressed with the midbass, and the upper end is about the same as the alpines, but its hard to hear them with the doors rattling like crazy

You need more power. The alpines were much louder because they are coaxes. Components require more power, as you loose a ton of power going through the passive crossover network. Trowing 100 watts on them should make a huge difference.

Just got mine in today. Have to admit, the alpines I had before were quite a bit brighter (5.25" type s coax's), but a bit clearer.
Actually was quite dissapointed with them, until I accidentally turned off my HPF on the hu playing around (forgot the point of the crossover, and thought i still needed it on in head unit, first set of comps), and i thought the subs got turned on lol.

Gotta definately deaden the doors now. Midbass on these things is crazy. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eek.gif.771b7a90cf45cabdc554ff1121c21c4a.gif

Only throwing like 30-50w to each side, and I can probably max the suspension of the mids out. How much difference do you guys think I'll notice if I throw 100+rms to them (which everyone seems to be suggesting)? I'm VERY impressed with the midbass, and the upper end is about the same as the alpines, but its hard to hear them with the doors rattling like crazy
Would be a HUGE difference. I'm feeding mine 150wRMS per side and it's amazing... I still don't max out the suspension on the mids. I have them crossed at 100Hz/18db slope though, so that's why I haven't maxed them out. They get pretty **** loud though. Definitely deaden your doors up, will help out a ton!

You'll definitely wanna cross them at least around 63-80Hz if you want them to get loud without slapping the backplate.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.