My Pg Rsd65cs Review:

i saw your review dspence, recommend eqing in the 2.0-3.5 range, i have mine dropped greatly through there. That is the only way i was able to get rid of the harshness. If you don't have the eqing capabilities to do so, i would not recommend getting these speakers at this point. They do get very loud for how cheap they are though.

Do you think I should get an external EQ ? I have a cda-9885 with only bass and treb controls.. reccomendations? The sound seems too light, and not full.. my hpf is at 120.
lower your HPF to 80HZ. they rsd's can easily handle an 80hz HP.

i found with the rsd's it's not the tweeter that causes any harshness. it's the upper portion of what the mids play. i think the rsd mids are best crossed low like around 2k or so. the tweeters can play plenty low with a steep slope and still take all the power you'd want to give them.

the mid-bass is sick (if you have a good amount of power on tap) for such an inexpensive set and the tweeters IMO sound great, the only downfall i see with the rsd set is the mid-range clarity. sometimes with the passives the mid-range can get quite "edgy" sounding. make the switch to active, throw a whole bunch of power to everything, cross the mids and tweeters low and do a lil EQing and you'll be in heaven.

i am confused on how the mids are harsh and highs are good i thought mid is midbass basically and i thought the highs meant harsh if someone said they were harsh

there is sub-bass, mid-bass, mid-range and then highs.

after having quite a bit of experience with this set i have come to the conclusion that the upper mid-range can be harsh. but it's not the tweeters its the mids that cause the problem.

there is sub-bass, mid-bass, mid-range and then highs.
after having quite a bit of experience with this set i have come to the conclusion that the upper mid-range can be harsh. but it's not the tweeters its the mids that cause the problem.
i sent you a pm asking what you think is best

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.