My old Alpine 9813 is finally dead (Time for a new one)

Participant count
  • Participant list

Fishx65
10+ year member

Michigan
I think my good ole Alpine 9813 finally bit the dust. On board amp seems to have died and it's no longer sending power to my amp"s remote turn-on lead. It also needs a good smack once in a while to see the display and the face gets stuck open sometimes when ejecting a CD. Thinking about running up to Bestbuy and grabbing a cheap Alpine UTE-73BT ($100.00) since I know longer play CD's. Ya think I'll notice a big difference or are these cheap head units OK these days???? The one option I require in a head unit is a built in X-over for my sub amp which this one does have. I've got no problem spending a lot more green if it's worth it. I also want nice and clear Bluetooth voice quality.

Last edited:
Thanks H. Gonna run by BB tomorrow and grab one. Hoping Alpine's quality is still as good as it was many moons ago. I think I purchased my first Alpine in 1982. I'm kinda surprised how inexpensive decent head units are these days. It looks like the only downgrade will be going from 4V to 2V preouts.

Thanks H. Gonna run by BB tomorrow and grab one. Hoping Alpine's quality is still as good as it was many moons ago. I think I purchased my first Alpine in 1982. I'm kinda surprised how inexpensive decent head units are these days. It looks like the only downgrade will be going from 4V to 2V preouts.
Look on ebay for a ute-62bt has more bells and whistles then the ute-73bt

keep looking on ebay I found a display unit just like new for about 70.00 dollars it has everything and some you just wait one will show up and you be glad that you waited its worth the wait.

To late, I went ahead and grabbed the 73.:) What amazes me is that it takes the exact same harness as my 2003 CDA-9813 and the remote control even works. The install was plug and play since I didn't have to rewire anything. Been a really long time since I purchased a head unit and I'm blown away by what a hundred bucks will get ya these days. I think my first Alpine, Nakamichi and Eclipse head units were all over $500.00 back in the day.

To late, I went ahead and grabbed the 73.:) What amazes me is that it takes the exact same harness as my 2003 CDA-9813 and the remote control even works. The install was plug and play since I didn't have to rewire anything. Been a really long time since I purchased a head unit and I'm blown away by what a hundred bucks will get ya these days. I think my first Alpine, Nakamichi and Eclipse head units were all over $500.00 back in the day.
yep they were,btw I also have 9815 that i swapped out for my 62bt very happy

Just some quick observations for anyone thinking about the Alpine 73BT or similar Alpine head unit:
1. Sound is really solid and maybe even better then my CDA-9813.
2. Blue Tooth Voice calls are fantastic on both ends!!!!!
3. After adjusting my amps I really don't notice a difference between 2V and 4V preouts.
4. Unit pairs to my phone flawlessly but it does take a while for music to
start playing automatically. This could be due to auto play in the Power
Amp music app.
5. Crossovers and parametric EQ work great.
6. Did I say Bluetooth calls sound fantastic?!!!

Just some quick observations for anyone thinking about the Alpine 73BT or similar Alpine head unit:
1. Sound is really solid and maybe even better then my CDA-9813.
2. Blue Tooth Voice calls are fantastic on both ends!!!!!
3. After adjusting my amps I really don't notice a difference between 2V and 4V preouts.
4. Unit pairs to my phone flawlessly but it does take a while for music to
start playing automatically. This could be due to auto play in the Power
Amp music app.
5. Crossovers and parametric EQ work great.
6. Did I say Bluetooth calls sound fantastic?!!!
Yes I knowI like everything about my unit and it sounds really Clear and crisp, did you get the Mic for your phone where you can use your Phone hands free, really neat.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.