My New budget amp

I have not decided on subs yet.Might try PSI Level 1 12s

Will be in 2 cubic ft sealed fiberglass
Ebp of the psi platform 1s actually goes well for sealed boxes. However sealed boxes in trucks are garbage performance compared to ported. Purely due to how the cabin gain works and you need proper port loading. Sub loading in a sealed box is far from optimal leaving you with massive phase cancellation aka severe loss of output .

Ebp of the psi platform 1s actually goes well for sealed boxes. However sealed boxes in trucks are garbage performance compared to ported. Purely due to how the cabin gain works and you need proper port loading. Sub loading in a sealed box is far from optimal leaving you with massive phase cancellation aka severe loss of output .
I can attest to this. I had sealed in two of mine and the output was very disappointing. The Foxbox output was WAY more even at 2/3rds the power. I have ran Foxes for 2 years now and no issue. With Foxes you are quite limited on sub selection because of depth and magnet size restrictions. 7 inches of depth and magnets can't be bigger than 6.5" in diameter.
I have to have the rear slider open to really get to the potential loudness.

I have always run 10's in them. Curious to see if throwing power at 12's will give you the output you like.

Please update when completed.

I can attest to this. I had sealed in two of mine and the output was very disappointing. The Foxbox output was WAY more even at 2/3rds the power. I have ran Foxes for 2 years now and no issue. With Foxes you are quite limited on sub selection because of depth and magnet size restrictions. 7 inches of depth and magnets can't be bigger than 6.5" in diameter.
I have to have the rear slider open to really get to the potential loudness.

I have always run 10's in them. Curious to see if throwing power at 12's will give you the output you like.

Please update when completed.
Beentown

What subs do you run in the Fox Box?

He only has the 1.55 per side 12” box now and it comes with 10” adapter Rings

I was thinking the mdf was thin and the ports were too small to be effective but I am no box wiz

Beentown
What subs do you run in the Fox Box?

He only has the 1.55 per side 12” box now and it comes with 10” adapter Rings

I was thinking the mdf was thin and the ports were too small to be effective but I am no box wiz
JBL GT-5's (about 500 watts to them) in one, SA-10's (1200 watts) in another and Dayton HO's (1000 watts) in the wifes.
Never ran the power you are looking at. I glassed one box and could never get the ports correct (before owning the FoxBox). Sounded better with the Foxes. I will give it a go again if any of the Foxes break.

Few guys here have JL Stealth boxes and another with a Net audio with SA-12's/Kicker 1200. I am louder, buy a good bit. They need most of the windows down to get any kind of volume.

Also, the ports are VERY effective. I am copying them and building the box out of fiberglass and birch if any of them fail. The MDF is thinner than I would normally want but i see why they used it. Space is at a premium. Not sure how a heavy sub with lots of power would last in one.

I'd like to glass the whole bottom and port. I am sure I could get 2 cu ft using 3/4" seat spacers.

Yeah I saw mine with less than an hour left. Glad I got it though. Been looking at the new soundqubed amps and really been wanting to try one. Last Saturday I actually found a real good local deal on 4 soundqubed 12's dual 2 wired to 1 ohm and my amp was only 2 ohm stable so I kinda worked out perfect.

Your electrical is too strong for all these amps, they cant handle!!! Cant be coincidence that a lot of amps popped within a few seconds of hooking up on your setup, too beefy bro.
Only amps that ever popped with a few seconds where the ppi 7000.1 and Taramps 15ks. Could be amps don’t like running 14.4-14.8v steadily. The vital power loves it

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.