Decent Budget Mid/Hi's Amps?

LetMyBeatPound

CarAudio.com Exclusive
Since I'm getting new mids and trying to add some Hi's.

Looking at quite a few things but so far Sound Stream TN4.900 at $140 does 225w RMS per channel at 2ohm. Seen a YouTube amp Dyno that shows it's reaching it's rated output at 13.5v to 14v. But I'm open to suggestions.

But more wanting to know if anyone has any experience with that amp.

Since I'm getting new mids and trying to add some Hi's. Looking at quite a few things but so far Sound Stream TN4.900 at $140 does 225w RMS per channel at 2ohm. Seen a YouTube amp Dyno that shows it's reaching it's rated output at 13.5v to 14v. But I'm open to suggestions.

But more wanting to know if anyone has any experience with that amp.
its the same sh*t as anyone's ppi 900.4

This was a cheap mids and highs setup on 25 dollar skar fsx 8s, 8 ohm mids and massive ct 2 tweeters on a single soundstream 900.4 that we just put in for my buddy.

Does what it needs, gets loud and never gets hot. He also has short circuited the amp several times and it didn't die. We plan to bridge the 900.4 for the mids only and put in the ct 125.2 for the tweeters. Right now the mids are getting less than 70 watts to each. Will get a better video when they get 225 to each.

its the same sh*t as anyone's ppi 900.4
This was a cheap mids and highs setup on 25 dollar skar fsx 8s and massive ct 2 tweeters on a single soundstream 900.4 that we just put in for my buddy.

https://www.facebook.com/phokingpalace/videos/1952282831480918/

Does what it needs, gets loud and never gets hot. He also has short circuited the amp several times and it didn't die.
Right on, because I looked at a ppi p900.4 and they are $500. So if the TN4.900 is basically the same thing it, I'm down. Thanks again Jeff you always leading me in a good direction brotha!

Right on, because I looked at a ppi p900.4 and they are $500. So if the TN4.900 is basically the same thing it, I'm down. Thanks again Jeff you always leading me in a good direction brotha!
omg i thought u were crazy when u said $500 (cause they $200 amp at most) but those things went up like crazy since they ran out of them everywhere.. holy crap...

its the same thing as nvx jad 800.4, polk 4000.4 and all of them are clones of hertz hcp4d which is the original. So yeah its a good board based off a good hertz amp.

I put the video on youtube instead of facebook, forgot that FB is private. Its not bad for 8 ohm 25 dollar mids severely underpowered (due to the ohm load for now)

omg i thought u were crazy when u said $500 (cause they $200 amp at most) but those things went up like crazy since they ran out of them everywhere.. holy crap...
Yea, I was shocked too because I remember looking at them and they were $229, when you first recommending gear to me for the act front stage so when I went to over it and seen they almost doubled in price I had to find another option.

Yea, I was shocked too because I remember looking at them and they were $229, when you first recommending gear to me for the act front stage so when I went to over it and seen they almost doubled in price I had to find another option.
Thats freaking stupid lol. I got ppi 900,4 for 125 shipped used. at that pricing, i'd go with the nvx jad 800.4, they use slightly more quality parts which translates to 5-10 more watts on the dyno. Otherwise, soundstream is king for budget right now.

they don't make any phantoms anymore i saw a USED dirty p1k like mine sell for $146 shipped i paid $20 more than that new..

Thats freaking stupid lol. I got ppi 900,4 for 125 shipped used. at that pricing, i'd go with the nvx jad 800.4, they use slightly more quality parts which translates to 5-10 more watts on the dyno. Otherwise, soundstream is king for budget right now.
With my 300aH's of batteries and my HO alt, I should be alright to add that amp? Or should I add a 4th 100aH batt. Right now it hardly ever drops below 13.5. and when I see it dropping lower I know to turn it down because I noticed that that is when my amp n subs get very hot very fast. Like stinky subs n hot amp from a cold start in 1 song. (It only seems to be songs with lower frequencys that do this to my system. But after I recone my subs I'm not gonna abuse them like I do now. That's why I'm trying to get my electrical all sorted out before I mess with reconing.

(Would like to have a isolated start battery and have my 3 gel Batts just for my system but I was told this is very complicated)

With my 300aH's of batteries and my HO alt, I should be alright to add that amp? Or should I add a 4th 100aH batt. Right now it hardly ever drops below 13.5. and when I see it dropping lower I know to turn it down because I noticed that that is when my amp n subs get very hot very fast. Like stinky subs n hot amp from a cold start in 1 song. (It only seems to be songs with lower frequencys that do this to my system. But after I recone my subs I'm not gonna abuse them like I do now. That's why I'm trying to get my electrical all sorted out before I mess with reconing.(Would like to have a isolated start battery and have my 3 gel Batts just for my system but I was told this is very complicated)
you can add 3 or 4 of them if you want.

you can add 3 or 4 of them if you want.
Batteries help to stablize a system right? Because the more stable your voltage stays the more efficient the amp can work because it's less work it has to do am I correct? But where is the line where you don't have enough alt power to keep them charging and still power a system or does that not matter because the more batteries the less they drain and less they need charged? Because at $55 a piece I'll put 6 in the back and keep one for the start battery.

Edit: also one weird thing I noticed is that one of the two batteries has become lighter than the other one. But nothing has leaked out they are Gel Batts. Any idea on this?

Batteries help to stablize a system right? Because the more stable your voltage stays the more efficient the amp can work because it's less work it has to do am I correct? But where is the line where you don't have enough alt power to keep them charging and still power a system or does that not matter because the more batteries the less they drain and less they need charged? Because at $55 a piece I'll put 6 in the back and keep one for the start battery.
Edit: also one weird thing I noticed is that one of the two batteries has become lighter than the other one. But nothing has leaked out they are Gel Batts. Any idea on this?
its just reserve power for when the amp needs it. As long as you are above 12.6 volts it doesnt really matter. Once in awhile you'll want to put them on a battery charger.

its just reserve power for when the amp needs it. As long as you are above 12.6 volts it doesnt really matter. Once in awhile you'll want to put them on a battery charger.
I've never put em on a charger. Could that be why they are all if a sudden have bigger drops? All of them have a 2yr warranty that gives me free replacement for any reason at anytime. and I have made friends with tho guys there so I sure I could go through then and pick the ones that test best on my load tester

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.