my new box look at packaging

You "have installed 1000s of subwoofers" but don't know that the gasket comes off????

I use the colored clamps from harbor freight when I recone subs. Clothes line clips work as well.

You "have installed 1000s of subwoofers" but don't know that the gasket comes off????
I use the colored clamps from harbor freight when I recone subs. Clothes line clips work as well.
lol this is getting better and better by the minute.

again i've never taken sub apart also never had a new one messed up.. frank said use clothes pins so they won't stick to the glue? should i use a ton of it?

again i've never taken sub apart also never had a new one messed up.. frank said use clothes pins so they won't stick to the glue? should i use a ton of it?
Taking the gasket off isn't taking a subwoofer apart. Im pretty sure 85% of subwoofer owners have taken a gasket off before.

It depends.. Again post pictures of the surround. Tell frank to send you some glue or get loctite 5 min epoxy. I use it to recone subs.

Taking the gasket off isn't taking a subwoofer apart. Im pretty sure 85% of subwoofer owners have taken a gasket off before.
It depends.. Again post pictures of the surround. Tell frank to send you some glue or get loctite 5 min epoxy. I use it to recone subs.
i have turned them before never had to take 1 off.. only thing even close to this i had was old orion xtr cone shredded in orion ported box 15 yrs ago, i just sat them on floor in stereo shop i worked at picked up another box with memphis in it sat in car free., we sent orions back.. he told me to get e6000 glue., is the loctite better than that? if u use of a lot glue it'll stick to the clips to wont it? i'll have to go to walmart .,i have guys coming to cut trees tomorrow, so if i have time i'll go get it.. i maybe able to get pic of surround tomorrow..

i have turned them before never had to take 1 off.. only thing even close to this i had was old orion xtr cone shredded in orion ported box 15 yrs ago, i just sat them on floor in stereo shop i worked at picked up another box with memphis in it sat in car free., we sent orions back.. he told me to get e6000 glue., is the loctite better than that? if u use of a lot glue it'll stick to the clips to wont it? i'll have to go to walmart .,i have guys coming to cut trees tomorrow, so if i have time i'll go get it.. i maybe able to get pic of surround tomorrow..
Dude... **** all of that. Tell Frank to warranty it. If I just bought a brand new sub, and it's messed up. It's going back and getting replaced or fixed....

Frank should have never told you to glue and fix it yourself. He should have said "mail it back and I'll replace it"

Dude... **** all of that. Tell Frank to warranty it. If I just bought a brand new sub, and it's messed up. It's going back and getting replaced or fixed.... Frank should have never told you to glue and fix it yourself. He should have said "mail it back and I'll replace it"
i agree.. that y i'm pissed but everyone wants to joke about it instead.. has 3 yr warranty 1 guy here cracked spider not warrantied my surround not glued down i'm told to fix it what good is warranty? also since this happened new how do i know it won't come loose every week?

believe me now? if i go through trouble of fixing new sub can i trust it to play without coming apart again? like i said never had problem with new sub before..

Of course it came up you stuck a screw driver in it! lol jk. Poor glue job from frank. Make him pay for the glue if it really came like that.

Sundown had tons of glue issues with the Xv1 years ago.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.