My little HT Two-Way build

Participant count
  • Participant list

bball09124
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
psl, fl
My dad's got a Hitachi SR-903 amp, 20+ years old, that does 110 watts x 4 ohms and I have some AA Poly-Mids as well as some PG RSD's lying around. I'm a little bored, so I was thinking about throwing them together for an upgrade from the stock TV speakers.

Any recommendations for enclosure size for the mids? Poly-Mids or RSD mids? And I was going to just use the RSD crossover, unless someone can direct to a better and cheap alternative (under $30).

So I've got two .35 cube bookshelf enclosures that are ported to ~70 hz. Should I seal them up or leave em ported? And should I run RSD mids or Poly-Mids?

Me personally I would use the RSD's as a comp set IF your going to use the crossovers. If you are not, I would go with the Poly Mids. I have both and like the sound from the poly's best.

Me personally I would use the RSD's as a comp set IF your going to use the crossovers. If you are not, I would go with the Poly Mids. I have both and like the sound from the poly's best.
Turns out the Poly-Mids didn't fit, and I didn't feel like modifying the hole. So RSD's it is. I should be done in an hour, I may post some pics.

Don't mind the silicone holding the tweeter. And I just left the other tweeter in, unwired, because it was going to be a pain to fill in the hole. A little ghetto, but the phonograph sounds great. A lot better than the $8 radioshack speakers he's had in there for 10 yrs.

DSCF1407.jpg

DSCF1408.jpg

DSCF1406.jpg

I like the stand. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
Doesn't look too bad at all.
$75 on craigslist. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

That is a nice old receiver. IIRC that is MOSFET.

If you get the speakers off the ground they will probably sound better too.
x2 get some like 3 foot stands, if the amps does 100x4 at 4ohms get a dual coil sub, like a 10, passive lowpass crossover. Oh you can buy **** at lowes and build some stands for like $15.

But if you do do be a dumbass like me and forget to fill the pcv tubes with sand so they are all top heavy and fall over if someone breathes on it

That is a nice old receiver. IIRC that is MOSFET.

If you get the speakers off the ground they will probably sound better too.
Yeah, definitely need some stands. They can't go too high because I believe the TV will be over top of them.

Getting the new TV is the top priority now, so the speaker stands will have to wait for a little while. Hopefully I can snag a good deal tomorrow.

x2 get some like 3 foot stands, if the amps does 100x4 at 4ohms get a dual coil sub, like a 10, passive lowpass crossover. Oh you can buy **** at lowes and build some stands for like $15.
But if you do do be a dumbass like me and forget to fill the pcv tubes with sand so they are all top heavy and fall over if someone breathes on it
I did some research on the receiver and I found that it is 110 watts x 2 @ 4 ohms and 90 watts x 2 @ 8 ohms.

However, there's a spot for speakers A and B. Are the A + B internally bridged inside the amp? I'd hate to blow the thing if I ran two 4 ohm speakers paralled down to 2 ohms and blew the thing. I'd like to hook up a little sub to it, but I don't want to risk it.

DSCF1412.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.