My install's coming along nicely

you are a fukking tool. fixes have been given and you are too stupid to see them. if your "installer guy" does not know what to do then he is not fit to do the job. dam. any installer with a small amount of custom in them could and would have it done by now. you call your chester-mobile baby II. ****. its a pos minivan that has broken plastic. wow, that has never happened before. NOT.
Most of the "fixes" have been system design changes, which I keep maintaining I do not want to implement, yet! And a large part of why this project is taking SO long with me and my installer guy is system changes/improvements we've decided to implement after getting into the project, another reason I don't want to change any more about it. I want to get the PHD 5.25" drivers mounted securely up on top of the dash, tweeters on A-pillars, passive crossovers for now.

John Kuthe...

dude. make the wood rings for the speakers. place them in the vehicle. use the small gap filler like they said. done deal. you do not need to use the factory mounting locations as the wood ring will be the new mounting location. you can then screw the speaker to said wood ring. dam. its not that hard. a 5yr old could do it. all the other work is cake. your installer guy is a moron is its not all done in the 6hrs you have him for.

your whole install should have been done after 2 days. stretching it out for what reason?

dude. make the wood rings for the speakers. place them in the vehicle. use the small gap filler like they said. done deal. you do not need to use the factory mounting locations as the wood ring will be the new mounting location. you can then screw the speaker to said wood ring. dam. its not that hard. a 5yr old could do it. all the other work is cake. your installer guy is a moron is its not all done in the 6hrs you have him for.your whole install should have been done after 2 days. stretching it out for what reason?
My PHD 5.25" drivers have custom cut 3/4" birch plywood speaker rings on them right now, but those need to be mounted to something, and the something I'm going to implement are the stupid little plastic Chrysler designed POS speaker mount locations such as this on the passenger side:

15110411_1194415413952270_1151514159972147979_o.jpg

John Kuthe...

cut that stupid plastic out and use the wood rings like you said before. dam you are making things sooooo complicated to the point that you are pissing members off by asking what to do then saying they are basically wrong. your build log is getting like adulbrichs. filled with $hit and $hit work.

cut that stupid plastic out and use the wood rings like you said before. dam you are making things sooooo complicated to the point that you are pissing members off by asking what to do then saying they are basically wrong. your build log is getting like adulbrichs. filled with $hit and $hit work.
Easy too suggest from YOUR point of view!

And I am not saying anyone here is wrong. I am saying I have my own system design and I want to make it work! I'd love to cut out all the extraneous plastic junk out from the front top of the dash area and build some nice low profile speaker cabinetry/pods up there, possibly slightly angling the drivers towards my head in the driver's seat rather than having them aimed straight up into the windshield. But that's not happening right now.

John Kuthe...

well be prepared for more broken $hitty plastic in that old a$$ car. good luck padawan

do it right the first time so you do not have to redo it later. just simple words of advice

well be prepared for more broken $hitty plastic in that old a$$ car. good luck padawando it right the first time so you do not have to redo it later. just simple words of advice
I hear ya, that's why this is just gonna be "gud enuf" for now! The other junky plastic mount points are a LOT better reinforced than the ONE that broke. So I have faith that they will hold up until I can get the problem fixed correctly/most optimally.

John Kuthe...

And look what installer guy just emailed and suggested. Custom made A-pillar mounts!!

Me wants! Emailed him back and said let's get some. No windshield pulling necessary and I get to use my PHD drivers and their tweeters optimally positioned for my front stage!

John Kuthe...

So he plans to not only remove the windshield to install them now, but remove it again later to dig them out and build something else in their place.

Just went beyond spectrum and grew an extra copy of 21st chromosome.

So he plans to not only remove the windshield to install them now, but remove it again later to dig them out and build something else in their place.
Just went beyond spectrum and grew an extra copy of 21st chromosome.
Nope! Installer guy just suggested custom A-pillar mounts like this. He says they were made by a custom auto audio shop here in St Louis so I asked him how we should proceed on this. He says they will need Baby II's A-pillars while they fabricate speaker pods and I said fine, as long as it takes. Update: installer guy told me which shop here in St Louis to take Baby II to and get them to make custom A-pillar mounts for my PHD's, midbass driver and tweeters! I'm going to call them tomorrow. My front stage is gonna sound SO GOOD!

And THIS is part of what I pay installer guy for! :) GOOD information, tangibly instantiable! :)

John Kuthe...

Last edited by a moderator:
Nope! Installer guy just suggested custom A-pillar mounts like this. He says they were made by a custom auto audio shop here in St Louis so I asked him how we should proceed on this. He says they will need Baby II's A-pillars while they fabricate speaker pods and I said fine, as long as it takes.

And ME WANTS!

John Kuthe...
Pics are not showing up ?

If he was a real installer, he'd be making them himself.

As for all the autism spectrum talk, I don't find him to be autistic. Autism is misunderstood. It doesn't equate to retarded. I raised an autistic stepson. I have a bit of experience with it, and a ton of study into it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

JohnKuthe

CarAudio.com Veteran
JohnKuthe
Missouri
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from