My ghetto ass setup

Personaly I have seen worse.

I would try to put all your visonik stuff up on CL for a REASONABLE price, then either keep the solo and buy a new amp and some 4 gauge wiring. Or possibly sell the Kicker and buy a new sub all together, build yourself a nice ported box, and buy an amp and wire. Also Your set up will sound better with a new HU installed. If your interested in a nice sub to get loud on a budget I have a DD512. Search around here for Digital Design subs and you will see many people love them. And stop buying from your friends, search the classifieds and you will see alot of deals.

So I have learned a lot in the last few months here on caraudio.com

I have "upgraded" my ghetto ass setup a little.

1.) Got rid of the Visonik subs and stuck with the Kicker.

2.) Built a ported box for the kicker tuned to 33 hz.

3.) Bought 6 1/2" rear speakers so I can actually hear the music now:crazy:

Check out the new box:

carnsubwoofertogethersopretty004.jpg

I haven't had the time to sand the outside to get rid of the pencil marks and other imperfections. For some reason the top didn't fit 100%, I think the board was either warped or the guys who cut it screwed up.

I still have the other equipment like the wiring and the amazing amplifier (hey it's a recession)

Here's a video the sound is messed up because of the camera and the camera also doesn't show the flex of the sub either. IMO not bad for a 8 yr old single 10" sub with a crappy amplifier. The first song is "Whatz Flow" by Ron Browz ton of bass, and the second is "Put On Freestyle" by Chamillionaire.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CClEpq5U_6U

Looks like partical board to me. You would be better off using mdf for the box, it's much much more dense than partical board is.

It's getting there though.

edit: I can't tell if you did or not, but use wood glue (titebond 2). The screws are only to hold the box together while the glue dries, and only if you don't have clamps to hold the box. You can also seal the corners with calk if you don't trust that your cuts are strait enough to be air tight.

**** my box in my chevy TB 02 is ghetto as fack!!!..haha...for building it for the first time i only had a jigsaw to do everything.it came out so crucket..i had to use some type of glue to cover some parts of the box..also i only used a jigsaw to cut wood and the hole for my 15...ill post pics in a min...

**** my box in my chevy TB 02 is ghetto as fack!!!..haha...for building it for the first time i only had a jigsaw to do everything.it came out so crucket..i had to use some type of glue to cover some parts of the box..also i only used a jigsaw to cut wood and the hole for my 15...ill post pics in a min...
WTF is this word?

Looks like partical board to me. You would be better off using mdf for the box, it's much much more dense than partical board is.
It's getting there though.

edit: I can't tell if you did or not, but use wood glue (titebond 2). The screws are only to hold the box together while the glue dries, and only if you don't have clamps to hold the box. You can also seal the corners with calk if you don't trust that your cuts are strait enough to be air tight.
The guy at the lumber yard told me that fiber board will be just as good and cheaper also //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/mad.gif.c18f003ab0ef8a0d9c27ca78d77a6392.gif

I used wood glue on the inside of the box and also siliconed all of the edges so no air would leak through.

MTX, you just made my day.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.