My Friend Wants Loud With 800Watts...

Depends on what you consider loud. Daily driver, moderate power (500-1000w) if your hitting in the upper 130's to mid 140's and over... that's pretty loud to me.
That's what I was hitting with W3's and that was loud enough for me. IDQ's can get like that.
There's a big difference between mid 130's and mid 140's.

There's a big difference between mid 130's and mid 140's.
I said upper 130's to mid 140's. I dunno. I sat in a car that hit 139, and I honestly couldn't feel or hear much difference than mine that hit 144. Mine felt slightly harder, but only cuz I was maybe looking for it.

Only the meter told me mine was louder.

But the point I ws trying to make was, at least IMO, upper 130's + is plenty loud for an everyday system, and I believe IDQ's can hit that mark.

Depends on what you consider loud. Daily driver, moderate power (500-1000w) if your hitting in the upper 130's to mid 140's and over... that's pretty loud to me.
That's what I was hitting with W3's and that was loud enough for me. IDQ's can get like that.
Loud is relative but not when comparing two like subs. Compared to an L7, the IDQs just don't stand a chance unless you're talking two IDQ 15s vs 1 12" L7. And then the comparison is no where near fair.

What I'm saying is that there are plenty of other options out there that will be louder than IDQs.

I said upper 130's to mid 140's. I dunno. I sat in a car that hit 139, and I honestly couldn't feel or hear much difference than mine that hit 144. Mine felt slightly harder, but only cuz I was maybe looking for it.
Only the meter told me mine was louder.

But the point I ws trying to make was, at least IMO, upper 130's + is plenty loud for an everyday system, and I believe IDQ's can hit that mark.
Okay buddy, if you can't tell the difference in 139 and 144, something is wrong. Get your ears checked. That's a SIGNIFICANT difference. And I don't see you hitting 144 with W3's unless you're talking about a multiple 15's or 18's. Sorry.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.