My friend told me Infinity Perfect is impossible to blow so...

shicks007
10+ year member

I recently purchased 2 of these and I decided to show him that they could blow, because I have the 3 year warranty from Crutchfield.

I have a Jbl 1200.1 on them wired at 2 ohms so they get plenty of power and I cranked the **** and started messin with the gain until it went BOOM and then off.

One of them blew and I laughed and sent it off already to get the new one.

Even with the gains properly set and zero boost they don't last long. I went through 4. Poorly constructed spider assembly with low thermal handling. They should have 200RMS 400Max - but then you wouldn't sell many drivers to young kids, now would you?

No it worked fine I MADE the sub blow on purpose... I cranked the volume and started turnin the gain up on purpose lol. Wanted to show him that they could blow cause he said impossible.

i went thru 3 perfects running 400 at the most thru them, very dissapointing in all aspects other than sq, spl is basically missing and the thermal rating is terribly low. my surround would basically sound like it was cracking when it got cold

Infinity Home Audio = kick ass

Infinitiy Car Audio = too expensive, too weak...

Although I'll admit that the Perfects do sound pretty good while they're working. My cousin had a pair of 10's and they were great subs. I think he had 300rms to each, I can't remember, it was a few years ago...anyways, they blew. They did last 2 or 3 years though. Oh well.

No it worked fine I MADE the sub blow on purpose... I cranked the volume and started turnin the gain up on purpose lol. Wanted to show him that they could blow cause he said impossible.
[James Lipton]You, my friend, are-a-DELIGHT!!!![/James Lipton]

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.