My first recone.. looking for tips/help

Participant count
  • Participant list

jtomsic
5,000+ posts

CarAudio.com Veteran
Just like the title says I'm doing my first recone tomorrow after I pick up my screws needed to attach my basket to my motor but I am looking for any tips/tricks that maybe I should use to make this recone succesful. Its a drop in recone and I've watched a few videos on how to do it and I feel pretty confident that I can do it.

I do however have a few questions... when I make my shims out of cardboard/paper how tight should they be inside pretty snug or just slightly loose? Also I was told to use super glue made with Cyanoacrylate so I have locktite professional superglue thats made with said type of glue will this work for dustcap, spider, and surround or do I need something else? Also I don't have an accelarator spray like I seen in a few vids will that matter as long as I clamp the spider for a little after I glue it?

thanks for help...any other info, tips, tricks, anything that will make my recone a total success will be greatly appreciated thanks

The shims shouldnt be tight tight, but snug. And you dont need that spray, its pretty much an accelerator and as long as you have it clamped or weight on it overnight youll be good.

wrap a business card in tape and go around the inside of the motor to make sure you get all loose material. when you glue the spider down make sure you have some weight on top of the sub to push it down snug. Oh and LOTS of clothe pins lol

I watched this video and I was good to go.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.