How Much Deadener to Use?

gnatnoop
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
ca
how much deadened should i use to on this truck???

Picture021.jpg

thanks

depends on your budget, what areas are you wanting to cover? How many layers?
im pretty new to this but i want to spend around 200$, i want to cover everything (floor, doors, rear wall,roof) im not really sure how many layers i should do..

How much of which product you use depends on your goals.

Trying to reduce some resonance. Your truck could use as likttel as 30-40 sq feet of vibration mat.

Trying to increase the SPL and keep the sheet metal from flexing?

Maybe up to 100 sq feet or so depending on how much SPL you have.

Trying to reduce road noise? Treat the vibrations then look in to addin a noise barrier on top of it.

Feel free to ask me any questions.

I am alwasys happy to help regardless of what sound deadening product you use.

ANT

How much of which product you use depends on your goals.Trying to reduce some resonance. Your truck could use as likttel as 30-40 sq feet of vibration mat.

Trying to reduce road noise? Treat the vibrations then look in to addin a noise barrier on top of it.

ANT
im trying to get decent sound quality from this truck.. i will be running 2 10" subs powered at 250 watts rms each and 2 component speakers getting 150 watts rms.. so i dont plan on entering any spl comps..

the truck has decenly loud exhaust and road noise so i would like to cut that down as well..

i was thinking i would most likely get SS damlifier Pro, im wanting to spend around 200$.....

I used 300-400square feet in my Camry...about half of that for Ensolite as well. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

How much of which product you use depends on your goals.Trying to reduce some resonance. Your truck could use as likttel as 30-40 sq feet of vibration mat.

ANT
Ant how much for dynamat extreme? you get me any deals on it?

I kid.. I kid

do you think one gallon of spectrum would work for two front door outer skins and wheel wells?

im trying to get decent sound quality from this truck.. i will be running 2 10" subs powered at 250 watts rms each and 2 component speakers getting 150 watts rms.. so i dont plan on entering any spl comps..
the truck has decenly loud exhaust and road noise so i would like to cut that down as well..

i was thinking i would most likely get SS damlifier Pro, im wanting to spend around 200$.....
then get 60ft of Damp Lite and 9ft of Lux Liner

I used 300-400square feet in my Camry...about half of that for Ensolite as well. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
how much did that run you??

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.