My entire car stinks like burnt VC now!! LOL.

a few months ago i got a "too good to be true" deal on a O/S JBL 10" sub. 10 bucks on ebay. got it in the mail , realized it had a stretched spider. Bish was loose as a goose. Well tonight for shits and giggles i decided to fry it. I didn't wanna wall socket it cuz i'm feeling kinda torturous tonight. So i loaded it in a empty bazooka tube and hooked it up in the trunk. Rode around for 10 minutes playing tones from 15-40hz with a POS pioneer gm-5300T hooked up to it. Gains cranked to max and bass boost on. LOL. Man o man did that sub sound like ****. BTW , i did try it with the amp tuned correctly and it sounded like pure ass too. Thats what led me to get violent with it. I wanted to give it a fighting chance so i stuffed the port full of rags so the tube was **** near sealed. Woofer sounded a little better and didnt bottom out. Well anyways after 10-15 minutes of tones and dirty nasty power i started to smell it in the cabin. I opened the trunk and it was full of smoke! LOL. But the sub was still flapping in the breeze. I gave it another 2 or 3 minutes of these tones and it still wouldn't stop. I gotta give it up to JBL , yall muhfuggas made one tough little coil on that sub. I never did burn it completely , but i did melt the dustcap. LOL. How do i get that smell outta my trunk now????

It just took me 5 minuites to read this because i was laughing lol, from experience your just going to have to let it air out, possibly try some air freshner, febreze or the like.

Thats why I stuff boxes with marshmallows, graham crackers, and chocolate. Smores smell better.
LMAO!! the kids would have loved that. I went out 10 minutes after i cut the cone and coil out and the motor was still warm to the touch. LOL.

lmao nice, those pioneer amps are so terrible..
tell me about it. i have had it for sale for 40 bucks for almost 6 months and nobody wants it. Can't give it away cuz its not mine , my buddy dropped it off for me to sell for him and its still sitting here. LOL.

LMAO, honestly man ill see what i can do locally, people buy dumb **** around here for high *** prices lol. But my buddy had the old style of that amp, thing wouldnt put **** out, wouldnt even do its rated power, clipped like a barber...

LMAO, honestly man ill see what i can do locally, people buy dumb **** around here for high *** prices lol. But my buddy had the old style of that amp, thing wouldnt put **** out, wouldnt even do its rated power, clipped like a barber...
^^this

You should give the sub to me, I'll pay for shipping.
i cut the cone and coil outta it. its just a basket and motor now. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif i would have sent it to you.

0112003207.jpg

thats the sub there before i murdered it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.