Questions About Impedance Rise

Participant count
  • Participant list

ctmaudi
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Akron, OH
Can imp rise change from changing vehicles or amps? I recently changed both, and my setup isnt nearly as loud and Im trying to find the culprit. I never measured the impedance with the old setup though. Right now, I measured 2.7ohm at the speaker connectors of the amp, they are wired for 2.

Also, when setting the gains, do I use 2ohm since they are wired that way, or the 2.7 that I measured?

A big part of you output issue will be the change of vehicle.

If you are using the same box, what may sound loud in one car may not in another.

What was your old car and what do you have now?

Is this a SPL system?
No, daily use "SQL".

A big part of you output issue will be the change of vehicle.If you are using the same box, what may sound loud in one car may not in another.

What was your old car and what do you have now?
Went from a 2010 Rogue to a 2007 Altima. I know SUVs are better from having an open enviroment, just didnt know if the difference should be this drastic.

I thought I was getting 600w at 34v, but after measuring 2.7ohm, its 450. So Im sure thats a making a large part of the difference. The other is the electrical was much better in the Rogue, never going under 13.5v. Idle is 13.8 in the Altima, dropping to low 13s. Working on big 3 and battery replacement, and adding an HC600 in the back before I try to push anymore.

Do you have to have a clamp meter to calculate the impedance, or does putting the DMM to ohms and resting it on the speaker inputs with no power going to it work?

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.