My double din conversion COMPLETE 99 Silverado!

jlanebpc
10+ year member

hey fellas i converted my din and a half in my 99 silverado to fit a full double din and felt i should share it with anyone who was thinking about doin the same. hopefully somone that has the power will make this a sticky.

254189_1941548097489_1206030195_31917121_605546_n.jpg

this is what it looked like when i started... best pioneer ive ever had pioneer 710bt

then you remove the radio and the AC controls

IMG_0001.jpg

the next step is to remove the radio bucket... it kinda ***** because there are 2 pins in the back that have to be drilled out

IMG_0003.jpg

and TA DA! got it out but i ended up just breaking the bucket out and then later ripping the plastic off the metal brace lol

then install the 03+ radio bucket from a silverado tahoe suburban regular 1500 .

its not too hard just had to break the bottom right screw hole to make it fit then secured it by puttin 3 screws where they go and a couple extra in different places.

IMG_0005.jpg

then mount your ac controls with a screw in each side to the radio bucket (sorry no picture)

do all your wiring... hated this part lol

IMG_0011.jpg

after this then its just a regular install... double din dash kit wiring harness..

but the parking brake bypass was fairly easy. all you need is a 12v relay because in order to bypass it the parking brake has to be grounded AFTER the radio turns on

IMG_0006.jpg

and TA DA! all done i chose the pioneer AVH-P4300dvd GREAT RADIO!

IMG_0013.jpg

IMG_0012.jpg

Looks great. I love my 3200 just as much as you guys seem to love your 4300's. The 3200's faces layout was more appealing to me and i don't like mechanical faces..But are both great units for the price.

And not to be a **** but i doubt they'll sticky this as it's model specific.

Quick question, what did you do for the dash? The hole in the stock dash is for a 1.5din, but I see in the last pic you haven't cut the dash. Also did you have to cut the metal support in the back of the bay? I have a cheep Boyo AVN700A, it is rather deep so I suspect I will have to. I am about to do this mod following another tutorial (cardomain.com/ride/825435/1999-chevrolet-silverado-1500-extended-cab-short-bed/page-3) but I am trying to get together as much information as possible. If there is an easier Dash mod than what he did I am ALL IN!

-J

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.