4AWG to 8AWG

whitedragon551
5,000+ posts

IL
So I got my new amp and thought it would be fine because I have 4AWG to 8AWG reducers. Only issue is the designer put the power and ground right next to each other on the input side of the amp so the metal reducers touch which leads me to my question.

Whats the best way to go from 4AWG to 8AWG without distro blocks and without reducers? I was thinking copper crimps with heat shrink?

Im just going to peel back the wire until I can get it in with as much wire as possible, trim back the excess, and shrink wrap each side.

I have done something like that before...pealing back the wire,and putting heat shrink on, but i took some sharp wire cutters and cut 1/2 of one side of the exposed wire to make it thinner to fit the connection/and then what would fit length wise inside, and heat shrinked it,and looked and worked just fine.I didnt see changing wiring out for/as i had all the supply and wiring needed already..i just needed to cut it down to size.Worked great for me???

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

whitedragon551

5,000+ posts
whitedragon551
IL
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from