my dc xl 15 vs 2 12w6v2's

murph
10+ year member

Low for Life
Richmond,VA
Well I have been wanting to always get my hands on a w7 but a local guy offered me 2 12w6v2's for my dc xl. What would you say would be the outcome of these w6's running on 1300-1400rms in a nice ported box? How accurate are the w6's and how loud can they get. I have no personal experience with the w6's and would like to know.

2 totally different goals, the w6's will be nowhere near as loud but will be **** near perfect sounding.
I still want it to be decently loud but how much of a difference are we talking here.

I still want it to be decently loud but how much of a difference are we talking here.
both same power and perfect boxes chances are the w6's will be 3db down. They don't have near the motor the dc has and they are designed to sound good not get loud.

dbeez if I do this expect me to be needing a box //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

It seems that my 15 looses a lot of energy being upward facing inside my trunk so there may be a closer level of output

dbeez if I do this expect me to be needing a box //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
It seems that my 15 looses a lot of energy being upward facing inside my trunk so there may be a closer level of output
Yes, you lose a ton of output without the trunk roll off. So I still dont think it will be louder, but it wont be a HUGE difference.

Yes the 15 is a monster sub but for a trunk car it limits the box design and overall hampers the subs full potential 2-12's can have much more potential.

Overall output is not just sub dependent either does the 15 have the potential to be louder than the jl's he'll yes does it in a trunk car yes which is best for a trunk car I always recommend 2-12's 15's are a ***** to get into a trunk and not be hurting yourself somewhere.

There is a guy in MECA S3 running 2 13 W6s on 600 a peice. Hella SQ car hitting 144s at the headrest but tuned at 45hz
although the 12s probally wouln't be as loud as the xl, i love my 13s, and the sq is what i love most about them.

i would do it. if it dosn't work out they are an easy sell especially the 12s.

1400 watts RMS seems a bit optimistic for 2 w6's. I have a 500/1 on a single 10w6v2 and it sounds great. (ported/~30Hz) But I would expect blue smoke if I ran much more than 500 to it for any length of time.

So what do you guys think I should do take a shot and see if I will like it or wait and see if I can get my hands on a 13w7?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.