My dad just informed me of some bad news.. help me out..

How many miles would you guys say is TOO much to buy..
I found a 2000 maxima with 119k miles on it for 6900 obo.. let me know if this is too many miles..
Make sure maintenance records exists and run a CarFax.

Be sure to check out the real market value over at www.edmunds.com

anything over 100k is a lot of miles obviously, but on a nissan (or mazda, toyota, honda for that fact) it's not a bad thing as long as it's been well enough maintained. there are certain things you need to know about it, ask about the thermostat, water pump, timing belt, cv joints, transmission, catylitic converter, see if they have maintenence records for the vehicle, tires, breaks and rotors are a big thing too, if these items have been taken care of regularly than you can almost insure that the vehicle has been treated correctly...

just make sure you look around at all your options, dont get bent on buying a car too fast...you might be dissapointed down the line...

if you need me to run out and look at any cars for you i will try and help...

Just to let you know, the 5th gen 2000 year maxima was the slowest of them all since it weighed more than the 4th gen and is didnt make the transition yet to the VQ 3.5...

Save a tad more and wait for a 6 speed 3.5 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif BTW if it was well taken care of 119K on a max is NOTHING...

If ya looking at 5 gen max, ask the sellers if they had to replace air sensors, mas or maf, I dont remember (I think 01 have some issues). My dad knows it better since it's his car. Also ask about ignition coils. On 5.5 gen with 3.5 make sure to ask or check that it doesn't burn oil. That happens with these cars, but I think not so frequently. For more usuall problems in max, go to maxima.org, I think they have a sticky there or at least a few topics on that. Other than that, I think 5gen maxies are great cars. They loose the value quite a bit though, so if you buy one, be ready to either sell it for not-so attractive price in the end or drive it down to the ground. but even if you sell it later on, you've already got a great deal when you bought it used in first place, so I don't think that's something to complain about.

I second trying to get a 3.5, it's just faster and more fun. but look at it this way. you are going to be a student, so would having those extra hp be really that important in your life? you can get all those fun things after u graduate.

as far as the mileage, my dads 01 has about 100k on it and its running great (after all the **** we had to fix tho //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/verymad.gif.3f39c5c2fd57527b671fad3efdfac756.gif)

i myself am looking to buy a 5.5 gen max after my 96 altima goes down. the one reason is that there's a lot of support on maxima.org forum on how to diy and the price is really good.

So you are saying Grand Prix GTPs are crap? You sir are misinformed. The 3100 series motors are imho junk(and most of the pontiac community agress with me). The 3800 series found in the Grand Prix GT, GTP, GXP, and the v6 Camaros are very well produced motors capable of making plenty of power.
Fastest 3800 that comes to mind is the ZZP Grand Prix @ running a 9.XX@1XX.XX in the 1/4 mile. All on a stock block.
I agree about the motors. The 3100 series I believe is the same motor they shoved into the Corsica. 'Nuff said.

In reality maximas dont loose their value THAT much, atleast not my fourth gen...Ive had mine for a year and some odd months and the KBB value has BARELY budged (like a couple bills) //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

nah, i'mnot commutin anywhere.. i just need somethin with some better gas mileage.. the durango just has TOO shitty of mileage

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.