My dad just informed me of some bad news.. help me out..

alxmlr789
10+ year member

6>5
FL
Well, after deciding on what college i want to go to, looks like ill be driving around alot.. So i think my dad wants to sell the durango.. It gets 10 in the city and 14 on the highway(5.9L).. and to and fro west palm to orlando is not a short trip it will be 100 bucks everytime i go back and forth, Im pretty upset, i love this truck. so i need some advice on a decent 6cylinder car~sedan or a coupe~

I really like the Acura 3.2 CL, and the TL But i need some more options to look at..

Preferances:

Decent sized V6 that is capable of gettin mid-high 20's on the highway

Preferrably a 2 door, maybe a 4 door if neccasary..

Most importantly, UNDER 13,000

Let me know if you guys have any ideas.. (BMW, Honda, Acura, Mazda, Nissan.. and so on)

Thanks..

mid to late 70's superbeetle. 30+ mpg if in good shape //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

selling my explorer for the same reason heh. Gotta drive literally all the way across washington state to get to school. Trying to stick in the SUV/truck category tho //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

im devastated.. i love this thing.. and the space.. ad the capabilities.. and it just sounds so **** good..

Hopefully i can work somethin out with him...

Well, after deciding on what college i want to go to, looks like ill be driving around alot.. So i think my dad wants to sell the durango.. It gets 10 in the city and 14 on the highway(5.9L).. and to and fro west palm to orlando is not a short trip it will be 100 bucks everytime i go back and forth, Im pretty upset, i love this truck. so i need some advice on a decent 6cylinder car~sedan or a coupe~

I really like the Acura 3.2 CL, and the TL But i need some more options to look at..

Preferances:

Decent sized V6 that is capable of gettin mid-high 20's on the highway

Preferrably a 2 door, maybe a 4 door if neccasary..

Most importantly, UNDER 13,000

Let me know if you guys have any ideas.. (BMW, Honda, Acura, Mazda, Nissan.. and so on)

Thanks..
I have a 03 TL type-s, awesome car and never had a issue with it. Sure there are tranny issues, but i read somewhere that that has only effected 22k TL's. Now figure that that sell around 60k a year thats not bad, so dont let that scare you. Also Honda Accords are extremely reliable. My mother ownes a 04 Altima and that hasent given her any issues either. So there are 3 picks right there.

my saab 900s for $3000. Averages 24.5 mpg //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/naughty.gif.94359f346c0f1259df8038d60b41863e.gif haha but its a 4 cylinder...with 6 cyl power lol

Nissan Maxima 5th generation 6 speed 3.5...

Under your price range, well equipped, powerful and fast, yet fuel efficient, roomy...

And one of the best engines ever made, the VQ

I sold my Explorer last summer because I was driving 80 miles roundtrip to/from work. I wound up getting a Civic and am glad I did...especially the way gas prices keep rising. I've been averaging 35mpg. That's with AC on half the time. Interstate is about 70% of my driving. 30% is city.

I'd honestly look into getting a Civic. You could probably pick up a newer (used) one for near $13k. I know it's not on your list, and you'll definately miss the room you had, but you'll love the gas mileage. Just don't rice it out.

srt-4's can be had for around 12-13k if you get one with "high" mileage (being like 70-80k) and get 22 in the city, depending on you're driving. take the spare outa the trunk and there's plenty of space for subs and ****

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.