My buddy has challenged me!

Participant count
  • Participant list

8thGenSI
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Seems like he is always trying to prove something for some reason, I decided to entertain him. He knows that I just got some new gear so he went and bought some of his own in an effort to one up me. Simply put he says he will be louder, I know there are a ton of variables but try to help me figure out if I should feel threatened.

His system will consist of a 12" memphis Mojox ran on a memphis 16-MJ12200 in a 2000 BMW 5 series. Not sure what he is doing when it comes to enclosure but knowing his previous systems it will most likely be prefab. All on stock electrical by the way.

I will be running in my 2014 WRX a DC level 5 12 on and RD Audio 3250.1 in a box built to spec, not sure on tuning yet. Will have a H/O alternator and 1-2 batteries in the trunk.

Both systems will be ran at 1 ohm.

Let me know what you guys think.

design your box to play well in the cabbin of your car - search the idea of trunk wall - fourth ourder thru a ski hole - or rear deck lotts of install options but im not big on building subs facing rear or up in trunks - and then having to fight the rattles. id rather preasurize the cabbin of the car and leave the trunk isolated

but there are many builds facing up or rear that get loud

dont skimp on sound deadning

design your box to play well in the cabbin of your car - search the idea of trunk wall - fourth ourder thru a ski hole - or rear deck lotts of install options but im not big on building subs facing rear or up in trunks - and then having to fight the rattles. id rather preasurize the cabbin of the car and leave the trunk isolatedbut there are many builds facing up or rear that get loud

dont skimp on sound deadning
I would like to face the sub forward but I would have to do it at a pretty steep slant because my height clearance is only 12 inches. I will figure out a way to make it work though. The max dimensions I have to work with with are 38"x12"x12".

I have already done 2 layers of deadener on the rear deck, have deadener stocked up to layer up the trunk.

I see no reason why you wont outright destroy him... Other then your sub not being in the ideal enclosure.
Pretty much my thought as well. I have heard that Mojos get loud but not sure about the newest versions. I can assure that a proper box will be built for my set up, and the fact that I will be running about 1k watts more then him should help as well.

Pretty much my thought as well. I have heard that Mojos get loud but not sure about the newest versions. I can assure that a proper box will be built for my set up, and the fact that I will be running about 1k watts more then him should help as well.
prefabs will be tuned higher, usually sounds like crud but they do still hit. If you want, make an adjustable aero port box so you can change the tuning for daily and switch it over to 45hz or something if you want to completely smash him.

prefabs will be tuned higher, usually sounds like crud but they do still hit. If you want, make an adjustable aero port box so you can change the tuning for daily and switch it over to 45hz or something if you want to completely smash him.
What size aero do you think would be good?

I would like to face the sub forward but I would have to do it at a pretty steep slant because my height clearance is only 12 inches. I will figure out a way to make it work though. The max dimensions I have to work with with are 38"x12"x12".
I have already done 2 layers of deadener on the rear deck, have deadener stocked up to layer up the trunk.
If you're going to face the sub forward, seal it off from the trunk. If you're going to face it backwards, it will 'load' with the trunk and that will help. Hope you did a good job deadening. If I had to choose from the two i'd face forward + sealed off.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.