My Amo cuts out but doesnt go in protect mode

Jasonm101

So i have 2 12 inch Rockford Fosgate 1 ohm Subs and a Hifonics 1500 watt amp 1 ohm stable. This system sounds really good but my problem is the amp. I can play music for like 10-15 mins before it cuts out and sometimes comes back after like 2 mins but then cuts out again. Also it comes back if turn up volume really loud or i turn off my head unit and turn it back on. Ive checked amp while it cuts out and the green light for oower stays on but doesnt go in protect mode. I got this professionally installed so i dont think its a wiring issue. But when i first got installed and i noticed the problem i took it back to them and they told it was a faulty amp. So i returned it got the same one and got it hooked up and turns out it still does the same thing. Im not sure what to do because what if i were to buy another amp and still does same thing. I hope someone can give me some advice on what to do i just want to listen to music without any problems

Ok there's a few to several things which could lead to an amp to shut down during listening levels. 1st off, where/how is the gain set? If it's too high, the amp will draw too much voltage thus shutting amp off because it cannot keep up with the demand. 2, how is your electrical? Big 3? Any aftermarket batteries/HO alt? How is your ground? Bare metal to bare metal? What size wiring did they use and is it OFC/high quality or cheap junk? I know you say a shop installed it but these are some of the things to look for. If they blame the amp and didn't look at anything else, then I wouldn't go back to that shop ever again.

The ground is on metal that is primed which i think is fine. The wiring size is 4 guage. I definitely will look into the gain setting. No extra batteries or big 3 upgrade.

if amp have power and does not go into protect , then I would first check to see if I get a music signal to the amp on the rca's, check for voltage if you have a dmm.

The subs are DVC 4 ohms subs. They are the Rockford Fosgate p2 - 2x12. And this what the website says as i bought it off Crutchfield " dual 4-ohm voice coils are internally wired in parallel to present a 1-ohm load". So it is 1ohm subs. And the amp is 1 ohm stable.

The ground is on metal that is primed which i think is fine. The wiring size is 4 guage. I definitely will look into the gain setting. No extra batteries or big 3 upgrade.
yeah 1st just turn gain down and turn off any bass boost or preset eq on hu boosting bass then try it..

The subs are DVC 4 ohms subs. They are the Rockford Fosgate p2 - 2x12. And this what the website says as i bought it off Crutchfield " dual 4-ohm voice coils are internally wired in parallel to present a 1-ohm load". So it is 1ohm subs. And the amp is 1 ohm stable.
Oh you have a preloaded enclosure...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.