Bass cuts at high volume

Participant count
  • Participants list
So I've had my system hooked up for awhile. now I'm running a pioneer double din. power acoustik rzr2500 monoblock amp. audiobank bass cap I believe 3 farad. and finally 3 old school kicker cvrs dvc 2 ohm 12's. final impedance at amp is I believe 1.33 ohm. system has been amazing and all of a sudden the amp throws protection if I get past a certain volume never did this before I've checked ground power speaker wires voltage on alternator battery and amp all good is my bass cap bad it seems to only work sometimes

s my bass cap bad it seems to only work sometimes
Remove the bass cap, see how the amp acts. The ratings on the amp say it is 2 Ohms stable, but not 1 Ohm. Maybe running it at 1.33 finally took it's toll. You could connect the amp next to the battery and test it. If it works fine, then somthing is amiss in the power supply wires.

Remove the bass cap, see how the amp acts. The ratings on the amp say it is 2 Ohms stable, but not 1 Ohm. Maybe running it at 1.33 finally took it's toll. You could connect the amp next to the battery and test it. If it works fine, then somthing is amiss in the power supply wires.
Yeah I did remove the base cap and just straight wire you know grounded to amp and everything how it originally was before the base cap and it still did the same thing I don't know where I read that that monoblock power acoustik is one ohm stable I could have swore I read that somewhere but if it's too unstable then I'll switch it up I mean it works fine it just cuts out at a higher volume so yeah that could be it thank you very much for your input

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...