my alpine skips a lot!!!!!!!

jeremythelen
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
i recently bought a used CDA-7840 alpine head unit and it skips all the time. its like a $450 (regular price) cd player and its pissin me off when it skips. from what i hear about alpine even if it is installed poorly it shouldnt skip. i do live on a dirt road that can get pretty rough but it skips a lot. sometimes it will stop playing for like upt to 10 seconds! it has 4ve preout if that means anything, im new to car audio. any help would be appreciate

One of my friends had that problem with his H/U so what we did was get a piece high density foam and place it under the H/U. It doesn't have to be big and you don't want it to cover any of the ventilation holes. It also might be worth checking if it is mounted properly.

Peace out,

Matt

I have the Alpine 7875 and it skips reall easy, i hate it, even if i crank up my **** my car vibrates so much it skips, i'm drivin down the road hit a lil bump, it skips, oh well, its probablly my install instead of the cd player itself

is it really stiff foam that you use or softer? and i pulled it apart the other day and it was loose. and the reason why it is loose is cuz my dash got warped from the sun so the pannel that goes over it doesnt fit very well. i toyed wiht it a little bit and got it a little bit tighter and it seems to be better. but i never did try the foam. i didnt feel like drivin anywhere to get it. and i drive a 93 cutlassupreme

the foam that you'll need is stiff. There is a range of places you can get it from. The bet bet would be to go to a rubber shop but failing that you can try the hardware store and if they don't have it they can tell you where to get it. Just ask for "High Density Foam" and they'll know what you mean. The peice that we cut was about 6cmX7cmX4cm but that was cut so that it didn't cover any cooling vents. You may not need it very thick, just play around with it and see what works the best.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.