My 300M Build

mendezm9
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Iowa
Finally got all my equipment in and installed. Build has taken a while and Im not done yet. It is installed and playing but I'm gonna work on cleaning it up and making it look nicer over the winter.

The car

IMAG0168.jpg

Stock stereo,

chryslerstereo.jpg

Taking the stock radio out

IMAG0449.jpg

Alpine 117 in, favorite deck I've had by far.

IMAG0487.jpg

Old system. One 15" xl on a discus 2k.

IMAG0170.jpg

Complete rebuild, got some shok industries comp wire powering the system now

IMAG0471.jpg

Got the trunk all naked. Got a couple rolls of audio technix to deaden the trunk and trunk lid. Fist time using deadner, was very impressed with it. Only thing that ****** about it was that I got a couple good gashes on the tips of my fingers while installing. Very impressed with it, will go back to them once I start working on my doors.

IMAG0472.jpg

IMAG0473.jpg

IMAG0445.jpg

IMAG0446.jpg

---------- Post added at 02:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:33 AM ----------

IMAG0474.jpg

IMAG0477.jpg

IMAG0476.jpg

IMAG0475.jpg

First time making a box by myself...didnt take too many pics.

IMAG0599.jpg

Test fit. Fits in there perfectly.

IMAG0606.jpg

Equipment going in. Two 12" level 4 xl's with carbon fiber caps on a saz4500

IMAG0598.jpg

Subs loaded in.

IMAG0619.jpg

Amp

IMAG0647.jpg

IMAG0649.jpg

Upgrading alt.

IMAG0640-1.jpg

DC 270xp

IMAG0644.jpg

Subs wired up and in the trunk. Had to go in by removing the back seat. Will no longer be able to have a full-size spare since I wouldnt be able to get to it. Kinda ***** but whatev.

IMAG0620.jpg

amp and subs in, cant see it but there is a kinetik hc1800 in the trunk on the right side.

IMAG0655.jpg

Currently being ran at 2ohms since I dont have the electrical for .5 yet. It does sound louder than the 15xl I had, still have to set gains properly. Biggest thing I have noticed is that there is virtually no rattle. Will get some more pics in the day time. Also, no intention on metering it. Just wanted a loud daily ride.

Nice build man, I have a Concorde with similar body style.
Yea I dont like the trunk, towards the back there is that support that comes down and makes it harder to fit anything in there.

Nice setup, i hope ou didnt pay retail for that 4500 though, lol
There is no way i would be able to pay retail for that. Picked it up used.

Looks good, but why would you go through all that effort with the build and make the speaker wires messy as fawk and all sloppy lookin? And did you ever finish painting the box?
Well right now there is only one baffle, plan is for two and make them flush mount. That is the reason the bolts are longer than they need to be. I painted the rest of the box and ran out of paint, didnt buy more since I knew it will be covered up eventually. There is a little bit of room on the sides for the bolts but my plan is to have a d3100 on each side of the box so i didnt want to have them there. I am also unsure of what i want the box to look like so im taking my time deciding. I painted the port silver, thought about painting the gaskets silver and getting silver DC audio stickers to match to car somewhat...not sure yet.

Goals are to upgrade my front stage but my lease is up and i might be moving so i am holding off on all car audio purchases. Build has gone pretty slow since i dont work on it in my apt complex so i drive a half hour to my parents house. Will slowly be working on it over the winter to clean it up.

Looking good. I had a 300M had to sell it cuz it just kept on breaking down.
What kind of problems did you have? Just got my car back from the dealer...Got a new oil pump in the transmission and my coolant lines replaced. Would have been close to 2 grand to repair but I lucked out and my extended warranty covered most of it. Ended up paying a little over 400 bucks.

IMAG0666.jpg

IMAG0667.jpg

Will be redoing my box more than likely. Want to shorten up the depth so I have access to the spare. Also, I've got a 4 year old that has outgrown her car seat and instead of getting two booster seats we only got one so she will be riding with mom all the time. What does that mean for me? I can now turn the enclosure around, seal it off and fire into the cabin. I have been thinking I will get some tan leather to match the interior but we will see. Will be able to clean up the wiring a bit to this way too.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.