Mustang Match 460 system?

Participant count
  • Participant list

ShelbyC

Hello I decided to register here to see if anyone could provide me with any information as I seriously have no idea what I'm doing. I'm going to try to be as detailed as possible. I recently bought a used 2002 Ford Mustang convertible with the Mach 460 system which is already turning out to be a nightmare. Whoever previously owned the car changed the CD/Radio player to a Pyle PLD70BT but the speakers and amps are still the original. I thought maybe the Pyle stereo wasn't compatible with the rest of the system, or that my speakers were blown, because when I turn the sound up to a certain volume it sounds really distorted and there is basically no bass sound, but today we removed the trunk paneling to see the rear amps and there is water dripping on them out of the liner between the back seat and the trunk from when the previous owner left the top down during a storm and it's been standing back there and slowly leaking for probably about two months now and who knows how long since they had it. I've read about the Mach 460 system but it makes no sense to me since it's like a foreign language, and no one I know knows about the system specifically, so I was wondering if anyone had any advice for me at all before I go out and buy new speakers and amps such as would the speakers sounding like that have to do with the amp and maybe speakers are fine, or do you think the speakers are blown, and the amp is trashed? Or or one or the other? Or any basic information I should know about the system?

(Also I realize I put Match in the title.. Oops)

********. obviously youve never used the deluxe line.
The last time i used a stock mach was in my 01 taurus.

Which "was" the deluxe system.. I spent 60$ total on a whole new system out of the pawn shops and it still out did the mach system.

The last time i used a stock mach was in my 01 taurus.Which "was" the deluxe system.. I spent 60$ total on a whole new system out of the pawn shops and it still out did the mach system.
I'm talking about qpower deluxe bro, i run the shits

buddy has an 01 and we ran into the factory amps not turning off killing the battery. if the PO used a wiring harness I don't see why it would be wiring. my guess is the deck it clipping cauing the stock amps to amplify the clipped signal

Are the amps aftermarket or oem? If it's oem than he integrated the amps with a harness to send signal to the amps. If this is the case than the head unit is your issue, I'd replace it anyway bc it's Pyle. If it's aftermarket amps thank pull need to see how speakers are connected to them and do some trouble shooting.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.