Mustang Giugiaro Concept Pics

dont get me wrong, i do like other makes, and yeas the camaro and shelby isnt really a good match, but the difference in horse power aint that much. any car can be made fast, but i just look at what it can do off of the factory line. keeping the weight of the cars an issue also. those guys that got the srt-4 neons. the ones with the stage3 package, they like to brag when they beat stangs, camaros, chargers, but look at the weight differense. man its alot. and as far as the saleen goes, yup, u r right take off the blower and u basically got and ordinary gt, with a small amount of mods, but not really fast. im thinking of building a stang myself, one with a 429 boss and slap on a kenny bell supercharger. than go hunt me some z06.

dont get me wrong, i do like other makes, and yeas the camaro and shelby isnt really a good match, but the difference in horse power aint that much. any car can be made fast, but i just look at what it can do off of the factory line. keeping the weight of the cars an issue also. those guys that got the srt-4 neons. the ones with the stage3 package, they like to brag when they beat stangs, camaros, chargers, but look at the weight differense. man its alot. and as far as the saleen goes, yup, u r right take off the blower and u basically got and ordinary gt, with a small amount of mods, but not really fast. im thinking of building a stang myself, one with a 429 boss and slap on a kenny bell supercharger. than go hunt me some z06.
why? so the z06 can kick your ass? just because you can beat it in a straight line doesn't mean anything.

u should do research before u compare the gt500 against the z06. if u did u would find out that the gt500 whent over 200 mph in testing.it was something like 210 or a little over. the rear end, which ford is famous for kept brakeing under all that force. but what they really wanted to do is bring back a legend, sell it at a price that is lower than the z06 and still be able to keep up. inorder to this, they had to make it slowe, inorder to sell it cheaper. which they did. there was an article in a magazine about the 2. a comparison. and yes the z06 won the 1/4 mile but only by half a car. and for a 20.000 dollar difference i think thats worth it. but do u know anyone that has one?, i do. and theres an upgrade package that makes it alot faster, so fast that it can even keep up with the z06 that has the german package on it. ( not sure of the co. name. but their in germany and the z06 comes with twin turbos. ). which means that whatever is in that upgrade package for the gt500, is bad ass.

the z06 and the shelby gt rivalry goes back far. and is bigger today than it always is. and i like both cars. but i seen svt cobras beat z06's alot of times. so dont even tell me the shelby gt500 cant. u probably like chevy and stick to them. i like both ford and chevy so i see things better and not one sided. i have seen z06's totally stomp on stangs and even vipers. so i know they are fast. but all im saying is, reaserch before u take side.

u should do research before u compare the gt500 against the z06. if u did u would find out that the gt500 whent over 200 mph in testing.it was something like 210 or a little over. the rear end, which ford is famous for kept brakeing under all that force. but what they really wanted to do is bring back a legend, sell it at a price that is lower than the z06 and still be able to keep up. inorder to this, they had to make it slowe, inorder to sell it cheaper. which they did. there was an article in a magazine about the 2. a comparison. and yes the z06 won the 1/4 mile but only by half a car. and for a 20.000 dollar difference i think thats worth it. but do u know anyone that has one?, i do. and theres an upgrade package that makes it alot faster, so fast that it can even keep up with the z06 that has the german package on it. ( not sure of the co. name. but their in germany and the z06 comes with twin turbos. ). which means that whatever is in that upgrade package for the gt500, is bad ass.
read what you wrote fucktard, nobody is talking about the gt500

you really have no clue what you're talking about, a stock c6 can rape that p.o.s. gt500

the gt500 is a total waste of the shelby name. and heres a hint THERE IS MORE TO SPEED. QUARTER TIMES PROVE NOTHING. Even with that p.o.s. upgrade kit the thing STILL has 60%+ of the wieght in the front. Probably even more with that shitty kit.

You do not know what you're talking about.

Kill yourself.

the z06 and the shelby gt rivalry goes back far. and is bigger today than it always is. and i like both cars. but i seen svt cobras beat z06's alot of times. so dont even tell me the shelby gt500 cant. u probably like chevy and stick to them. i like both ford and chevy so i see things better and not one sided. i have seen z06's totally stomp on stangs and even vipers. so i know they are fast. but all im saying is, reaserch before u take side.
THE ONLY THING THE SHELBY DOSEN'T **** AT IS QUARTER TIMES. WRAP THE KEYBOARD CABLE AROUND YOUR NECK. jesus christ i hope you get a pearl harbor pulled on your ass.

for $100k I rather pick up a Lexus LS460L w/ all the options //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
my dads girlfriend just got the 460.... its sexxxxy.

my dads girlfriend just got the 460.... its sexxxxy.
ya, I got to sit in one at the Auto Show, I could've sworn I was in heaven //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/drool.gif.b5e863e893038027711d4402f340dad0.gif. Easily the best car at the show in my opinion (bang for buck). The solstice was a complete joke, worse car ever made

u should do research before u compare the gt500 against the z06. if u did u would find out that the gt500 whent over 200 mph in testing.it was something like 210 or a little over.
If YOU would bother to actually read what I wrote I wasn't even discussing the GT500 but rather the FR500GT which according to all the Ford fans is a Man Racer whereas the GT500 is a Boy Racer. Read on:According to the article I read:

They help hold the car down at top speed, which, we learned, is 172 mph, engine screaming at the 7200-rpm redline in sixth. Geared for top speed, this is certainly an over-200-mph car.
The way it is delivered to the buyer it is not a 200mph+ car.

the rear end, which ford is famous for kept brakeing under all that force.
I know nothing about this claim so I'll take your word for it for the sake of eliminating argument.
but what they really wanted to do is bring back a legend, sell it at a price that is lower than the z06 and still be able to keep up. inorder to this, they had to make it slowe, inorder to sell it cheaper. which they did.
A Z06 can be had for $100K (or thereabouts)An FR500GT is stated to be available for $225K. How is more than twice the price of the 'Vette any cheaper regardless of performance??

there was an article in a magazine about the 2. a comparison. and yes the z06 won the 1/4 mile but only by half a car. and for a 20.000 dollar difference i think thats worth it.
For a $20K difference it might be acceptable. For a $120K difference I would say it is decidedly not an acceptable difference. If the pricetag more than doubles that of the car it is loosely intended to dethrone I would personally expect somewhere in the neighborhood of twice the performance in every aspect! Maybe that's just me...
but do u know anyone that has one?, i do. and theres an upgrade package that makes it alot faster, so fast that it can even keep up with the z06 that has the german package on it. ( not sure of the co. name. but their in germany and the z06 comes with twin turbos. ). which means that whatever is in that upgrade package for the gt500, is bad ass.
Can't say for certain but I would wager it's one of the Lingenfelter (sp?) mod packages? They seem to be partial to turboing 'Vettes...

big words for someone over the net. u must own a z06 or just wish u did. and besides, how many people race more than the 1/4?. this aint no cannon ball run. 1/4 mile is all that matters. if u wanna go the long run, than it all comes down to which car can handle those speeds at far distances. and u say ford waisted shelbys name on the gt 500, u dumb ass, he helped build it. so i think u dont know what u are talking about. 6o% weight in the front end?, and it still keeps up with the z06, i think u just made a really good comment by saying that. 60% weight in front, z06 weight distributed almost evenly which means that the rear end gets more traction than the gt500 and it still cant leave the ford behind? lol thats what i thought.i would think that if someone had 2 indenticall cars, one with weight evenly distributed and one with 60% in the front, the one with the evenly weighted car would win. if u really know what im talking about i dont have to explain anymore. dip ****. g-nite all. aloha

prowler573!! my bad, i read wrong. i didnt see that u said fr500gt. my bad i apologize. i thought u said gt500. and yes u r right, the frgt500 is a mans car compared to the gt500.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.