Mustang Box

Hawaiian
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
CA
I am away from my car right now (on break back home) and I am trying to estimate the amount of space (lxwxh) I have in my trunk for a box. Anyone with a mustang (the newer ones mine is a 2000) know the specs for my trunk?

Thanks

Go measure your trunk for your car...Then give me the measuremnts I can tell ya what u have to work with..Cause I dont know about the new cars..I have a 1995 mustang..And the new mustangs have an upgraded trunk from the former model! Lengthxheightxwidth...Then i can give u the Cubes u have to work with!

Blake

Originally posted by SoundsUnlimited Go measure your trunk for your car...Then give me the measuremnts I can tell ya what u have to work with..Cause I dont know about the new cars..I have a 1995 mustang..And the new mustangs have an upgraded trunk from the former model! Lengthxheightxwidth...Then i can give u the Cubes u have to work with!

Blake
The 1994-2002 cars have identical trunk space. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

I drive a 2000 Mustang and the trunk space isn't that large, but with molded fiberglass boxes - such as I have resorted to building at the present time - you can achieve quite a bit of air space and still have some room left over.

If you are going with a more standard wood/MDF enclosure, you will probably find (as I did) that boxes must compensate for the small trunk opening. I originally built a box for three 10's and had to slant the face to reduce overall height and slide the box in through the rear seat opening, then screw in the top-firing sub afterwards; a real pain in the butt and I couldn't even turn the box around to fire the subs backwards, so it was unacceptable for anything beyond a "casual" install.

Although I can't tell you the precise dimensions, I *highly* recommend molded enclosures.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.