Mustang Amp Placement help

2000. Yeah, I have my sub amp on one seat, I'll probably have to put the component on the other. Wish I could find another spot so I don't have to run so much wire back and forth. What gauge should I used for the components from all the way back there?

2000. Yeah, I have my sub amp on one seat, I'll probably have to put the component on the other. Wish I could find another spot so I don't have to run so much wire back and forth. What gauge should I used for the components from all the way back there?
Anything between 12-16 gauge will be fine.

I have an '03 and had to put mine on the back of my seats. If it's not a huge amp and your careful where you mount it the seat can still be functional. Mine was good until I mounted my T10001bd on it. After that only one seat would still fold up //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Yeah, somehow I got my directed d2400 mounted to carpeted wood on only one seat and it still folds down. The component is much smaller and will fit on the other one. Now I'm wondering if I should just run zero gauge to a distribution block instead of two 4 gauge runs. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Use a rear seat delete kit and put the amps under it. The only people that could ride in the back of a Mustang are midget children anyway. Man, I miss mine //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Here is a pic of the amp rack I had at one time in my 96 Mustang....It looks as if it goes all the way up...but it doesn't ...It stopped a few inches below the rear shelf so the subs could vent back in the cab....I had a custom box built for 3 RE 10's ...where I had full use and access to my spare...The amp rack was back lit by orange LED strips that could be switched on or off...most people liked it that saw it....

96MustangPic005.jpg

Pretty nice. Do you still have a pic of the inside of the trunk and the ports into the cabin? I have a 2.0 cu ft box in there now and still able to access the spare, don't know how you fit 3 10's! lol

Use a rear seat delete kit and put the amps under it. The only people that could ride in the back of a Mustang are midget children anyway. Man, I miss mine //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif
That is true. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Here is a pic of the amp rack I had at one time in my 96 Mustang....It looks as if it goes all the way up...but it doesn't ...It stopped a few inches below the rear shelf so the subs could vent back in the cab....I had a custom box built for 3 RE 10's ...where I had full use and access to my spare...The amp rack was back lit by orange LED strips that could be switched on or off...most people liked it that saw it....
96MustangPic005.jpg
That's is exactly how I have my rack now... stops like 2-2.5 inches below the rear deck.

Pretty nice. Do you still have a pic of the inside of the trunk and the ports into the cabin? I have a 2.0 cu ft box in there now and still able to access the spare, don't know how you fit 3 10's! lol
I don't think he had it ported into the cabin, but rather kept the seats folded down and left a space (vented area) above the amp rack for the subs to breathe into the cabin. That is just a guess though.

I also want to know if you were able to remove the spare with the box in the trunk or if you were able to move the box (or take it out) to get to the spare.

just put quick disconnects on the speaker leads going into the box and you can remove it whenever you want without messing with the terminals on the box (or dum dum if you just drilled a hole into the box)

Not that easy on mustangs. Have to take the rear seats out in order to put in larger boxes. The trunk opening from the outside is very small and you can't take the box out that way either. There's no room really to move it out of the way of the spare either.

I made my box so you can get to the spare without moving it. Took up the whole width and height of available room.

Not that easy on mustangs. Have to take the rear seats out in order to put in larger boxes. The trunk opening from the outside is very small and you can't take the box out that way either. There's no room really to move it out of the way of the spare either.
x2... For the most part. I actually have mine set up where my amp rack is identical to the one above and I have my enclosure (1.25 sealed, double baffle) tucked right behind my amp rack. But if I remove the 4 "L" brackets holding my enclosure to the trunk floor (1/4" plywood) I can fit it through the exterior trunk opening (barely). I couldn't do this with my old enclosure... I had to do the whole back seat frame removal. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/mad.gif.c18f003ab0ef8a0d9c27ca78d77a6392.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.