remote start question

TIGERFOR2
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
ALBANY,NY
I went to price a remote starter today. I was told since I have a 2003 se v6 camry with a chip in the key that I would have to get the compustar remote starter. in order to have one remote I'd have to get the model with the keyless entry. I already have keyless entry. I don't see me paying for something I already have. what are my options?

If you already have factory keyless chances are your fob will not work ounce remote-started. Thats why they market the keyless add on, as well as the convenience of having one remote compared to two

How much would you say it should cost to have a compustar remote starter put in. Its the newer version with the 1500 foot range. 2003 toyota camry se v6. Theyre talking $334

What options are they going to put on it? Is parking lights, dome supervision, headlight flash, etc included in that price? Usually that price they give it has no options on it at all and to add those nice features on it is usually $30 to $50 extra for each option.

All those features. Id raher have a starter and a new security system for 334. and have two remotes. Is $334 outrageous or im i just to cheap?

No that is a good price for that compustar alarm installed with all of those options. But for that price they probably aren't soldering any of the connections and just t-tapping and crimping....

They are going to solder everything. They do really good work. They put a system in my girls car. Put in her started. THey did my lil brothers system. Did a changer for my old car. They do do GOOD work. I just thought $334 for a starter with keyless entry was crazy. Especially when I already have the keyless from Toyota. I guess i'll keep my jan 25 appointment.

Yeah not a bad deal considering the place I work at with a compustar pro alarm with all of the options is like $500+ and I'm in Texas and we solder everything regardless.

You're being very cheap! As for the keyless entry--you will still be able to use your factory keyless entry but you will be advised not to use it unless you lose your remote start remote itself. The keyless entry is preprogrammed in the brain of the remote start itself so you're basically paying for the bypass unit for the antitheft key. If you want an alarm/starter system for $334 just remember you get what you pay for. The Compustar units are fully tested for a year in Canada prior to being released for sale in the US. If you have stereo equipment, dvd/cds and other valueables in your car--I'd suggest you get a Compustar PRO AS(alarm/starter) or a Viper 791/5900(alarm starter). You can't go wrong with the consistent starts, two way pager remotes and other options. Goodluck.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.