Multiple subs

First of all don't mix sub sizes
There is a whole book of reasons why but the moral of the story is it sounds like ****.
If your running 2 15's and its not good enough you need to look at your equipment
I looked into this Targa and its defiantly your problem
7300 watt amps that actually put out 600 watts?
What sorcery did they have to do to come up with that number
To top it off the amp only has 1 25 amp fuse so 600 watts just became 200....maybe
That company makes Skar look good

Put better equipment in and it will sound like you want
1 properly run 15 is enough to rattle your teeth loose
2 15's should be be enough to be on the waiting list for hearing aids

First of all don't mix sub sizes
There is a whole book of reasons why but the moral of the story is it sounds like ****.
If your running 2 15's and its not good enough you need to look at your equipment
I looked into this Targa and its defiantly your problem
7300 watt amps that actually put out 600 watts?
What sorcery did they have to do to come up with that number
To top it off the amp only has 1 25 amp fuse so 600 watts just became 200....maybe
That company makes Skar look good

Put better equipment in and it will sound like you want
1 properly run 15 is enough to rattle your teeth loose
2 15's should be be enough to be on the waiting list for hearing aids
Thx for your info. I will rather go with a amp upgrade what you think off the dd 2000.1.my subs are rated at 1200wrms each

my subs are rated at 1200wrms each
Good luck with that.

You really want to try to find known quality equipment for best results. Throwing a bigger amp on junk subs (in who knows what for a box) is going to still sound bad for a short time until your subs break.

What known quality brands can you buy in your country? Some of the finest amplifiers ever made were/are designed by a fella from your country, but he came to the USA back in the 80s

Good luck with that.

You really want to try to find known quality equipment for best results. Throwing a bigger amp on junk subs (in who knows what for a box) is going to still sound bad for a short time until your subs break.

What known quality brands can you buy in your country? Some of the finest amplifiers ever made were/are designed by a fella from your country, but he came to the USA back in the 80s
Thx brands like dd, kicker, pioneer, jbl,jl is available. I'm looking for real deep bass what is your suggestion

I mean, you CAN run multiple sized subs together. Even different brands. However, extremely dicey if you're putting rated power and even dicier if you're not. A lot of factors come into play. Each different sub is going to have a different resonant frequency and require a different enclosure for their optimum SQ or SPL. Rated power of each of the subs needs to be extremely close or you'll be limited or hopefully you are sure to limit the power to the weakest sub in the mix. Dual voice coils, Single Voice coils, and their resistances can be tricky but you'd want a decent volt/resistance tester to minimize chances something could go wrong. Most speakers aren't excatly their stated resistance.

TLDR; USUALLY not worth it unless you're careful and willing to take a chance.

I currently have 2 10" Massive Audio DC-10's (dual 4 ohm) and a 15" Kicker SOLO-BARIC L7 (dual 4 ohm) wired parralel to each other and parralel to the amp resulting in around a .67 ohm load. They don't share a common enclosure as they have very different resonant frequencies. This is my house stereo btw.

Attachments

• IMG_0107_1.00x_480x854_amq-12 Section_1.mp4
    24.7 MB
  • _de676B5C60-3B98-4340-B4E7-10B55E522313.jpg
    _de676B5C60-3B98-4340-B4E7-10B55E522313.jpg
    532 KB · Views: 81
  • bible_subs.mp4
    23.7 MB
Last edited:
Thx brands like dd, kicker, pioneer, jbl,jl is available. I'm looking for real deep bass what is your suggestion
DD is high quality and will perform as advertised but they are very expensive. JBL used to make a very nice subwoofer but I think they've been out of production for a long time now. I would recommend JBL for components for mids and highs and their amps will always be reliable. Kicker amps are also very solid, if their new Solo X is available for sale the prototype looked very nice and I would expect good things from those. Otherwise their component speakers are OK and their lower line subs are good but built for rather modest power levels. JL is all very nice all around but if you're just trying to get loud they probably will not get you as far as DD for the money.

That all said, it's really hard to say what your definition of "very loud" is going to be considering there's probably not a lot of big sound systems in SA for you to compare. It may well be that you'd be super impressed with the sort of thing we could go buy at Best Buy store here in the USA, but if you wanted something that would be competitive in a competition you could just stick with DD and have a very good chance of being competitive if you build the box right and have adequate electrical system to feed your amps.

Stick to reputable brands even at entry level, will provide you a better result that TARGA or any cheap brands that over rate their power in their gear, subs or amplifier.

A good way to measure amp power is by fuse rating. you multiply the fuse rating with 12v not 14.4 volts as the trend nowdays. car audio gear including radio is identified as 12V negative ground so although you may get a few more voltage when the vehicle is switched on, its 12v most of the time. Also if your amp is AB class then it most likely only 50 percent efficient, so with a 50amp fuse,, its 600watt amp but if AB class its 300watt amp with 150watts per channel into 2 speakers or 75 watts per channel if its a 4 channel. iF your amp is CLASS D, then most likely 70-80 percent efficient so go CLASS D, if you can afford or by second hand.

If you have the TARGA's give them a go, in infinite baffle behind the seats and seal the front and rear waves for best result and also sound deaden the trunk area.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...