MTX, American Base, JL or Diamond Audio

Cadillac
10+ year member

which of these subs would be the best

once I install 3 15 in my Chevy Caprice I do not plan on taking them out

I also want to know information on Planet Audio Amps, American Base amps and JL amps

one more thing I was wondering why everybody disses MTX when MTX has won a lot of competitions.......

I could get 4 MTX4000 subs for $200 and an MTX801D for 500 would nt that bang

or

2 JLW6 with 2 JL 500/1

3 15' Diamond Audio with Planet Audio 2250D

I also want to know information on Planet Audio Amps, American Base amps and JL amps
Planet Audio - Decent

American Base - Stay away

JL - Great amps, albeit expensive.

one more thing I was wondering why everybody disses MTX when MTX has won a lot of competitions.......
Winning competitions doesnt give you a free pass into being a great brand....I like MTX amps and I don't see many people diss them, because they are good products. But I simply don't like their subs. It's all personal preference.

I could get 4 MTX4000 subs for $200 and an MTX801D for 500 would nt that bang
or

2 JLW6 with 2 JL 500/1

3 15' Diamond Audio with Planet Audio 2250D
Well, if you are dead set on those setups, I would go with the DA....although I'd look into a different amp

althought i didnt catch wheather you would like SPL or SQ, but my opinion is:

2 JLW6 with 2 JL 500/1

It is such a traditional setup but still the quality is there. I am not sure the EXACT specs of the w6 but I am sure a JL 500/1 will be able to power them.

The other ones are good... but overall quality I'd go JBL over the rest.

If you are dead set on MTX, get the 6000s or 8000s. Or just forget that and get something a LOT better, and a little more expensive, like the Elemental Designs K-Series, or the RE SE.

My opinion out of those, (not knowing the series of diamonds) I would say get the Diamond Audio / Planet 2250 setup. Both of those are of high quality, and I like both, as long as you are talking about a decent series of Diamonds. The JL setup would bang, but its just way overpriced.

Theses are the Diamonds that Im referring to I also want to include the Alpine type Rs and Sony Xplode subs

I think I might go with the Planet Audio amp if he takes off $300 ($700 salesman( $469 internet)

I don't know anything about making my car just right with SPL/SQ a lot of shops tell me that its 10% product 90% install Because Im sure every sub out there has won there share of contesets

I just want something that is reliable

I also want to know if it would be best to match the amp with the sub as in same product

Thanks for all of your help

when I decide on what Im getting I will put pics on the web

Those Diamonds are very nice subs.....Type R's are very nice too....but stay as far away as possible from anything remotely related to Sony.

And are you dead-set on getting both subs and amp made by the same company? And how much RMS are you looking to run?

whatever sub I run I want to run at least 100 watts more then what they take

I want to Pound I mean I want to shake the windows when I pull into the driveway

My friend installed 3 Diamond Audio 15'' CM3s in the trunk of a 1989 Cadillac Sedan Devill and it Bangs (he replaced 3 JLW3 15s) He says that they are getting 1000 watts a piece but I think its more like 750 watts a piece either way it pounds and that is what I want for my Caprice

what do you think would be the best product Alpine or Diamond I think JL is a little too much $$$$$$ for me

what about the Planet Audio P2250 do you think this is a reliable amp

i 100% disagree with the statement of stay away from american bass. pretty sweet stuff for the money...how do i know? i used to rep the line and i know where and how they are made. now im not saying they are for everyone but on a quality note they are no less quality than any other woofer out there as they are made by a very good company...hehehehe "this is bob at american bass" hehe cool guy i might add as well

^ I 100% disagree with your statement. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif Granted I dont know as much about them as you do, but the subs that I have heard, I did not like at all. The SQ was god-awful and they did not get all that loud. I dont remember exactly what model # the subs were....so maybe I heard the lower-end line. To each his own.

in my camaro i ran a legacy 1600 watt amp (didnt have the money 2 get a better 1)...and i got 2 mtx 8000 12's...i like the way the subs sound...i would recomend them..i also have a pioneer deh9400 head unit...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.