MTX 9500's vs. T3 Audio

What about TC Sounds lms-r 12 inch or an fi bl? i just heard them both and they bumpedd the car good. i never did like treo's
Both would be better choices with your power. LMS-r is only good for about 1KW continuous, you can do more but the 3" LMS coil will start getting smelly up over 1200W or so pretty quick. LMS woofers really do amazing things

alright, i like the idea of fi's but will the tc's put out just as much as the FI's? i like the sound quality and lots of output. i need a middle, it seems that FI's are just way better known.

t3's are great subs sounds like misuse I would be more worried about damaging the spiders on dd's at the triple joint. But opinions to each his own. Op you can't run any of those setups on stock electric effectively. They will produce sound but you would probably do better with lesser subs.

The MTX 9500's are great subwoofers. They are one of my favorite "main stream" subwoofers I have ever had. However, they are overpriced and if I remember correctly, they have gone on for years and internally unchanged. I could be wrong.

I think everyone has forgot to ask a very important question. What amp will you be running or are you deciding on your subwoofer first, then pick out your amplifier to spec?

I have noticed that you must have deep pockets, because the subwoofers you mentioned OP, are pricey subwoofers. So if that's the case, then I recommend a pair of SoundSplinter RL-S. They get loud and sound great doing it.

As for the TC Sounds, they are geared more towards Sound Quality. They have a different kind of sound. I have a pair of TC Sounds T1000's with the TC2+ motor sitting in my closet with a pair of my RE SE 12's, which brings me to another recommendation of the older model of the RE XXX's. I have read on the board that the newer XXX's arent as great as the previous versions. I dont know about this first hand, but seems to be the general consensus about the newer versions.

What vehicle will this be going in? Plan on going sealed or ported?

Alright so what subs would you recommend?? the T3's will take too much too run. and the 9500's are overpriced
the battery is stock its just a stock good alternator that runs 220amps
That changes things again. You'll want an upgraded battery and possibly more alternator then.

There is a reason a 220A alternator was placed in your car.

Like one of my Mercedes, it has a stock 240A alternator, but that, big three, proper cables, and 2.8kW clamped dimmed everything down ridiculously. I had to place a D3100 in there atop the stock 86aH battery and now it's fine. I'll be adding more alternator soon.

Anyhow, the vehicle will use quite a bit of that current, hence the reason it's in there.

its in a custom ported box, i'm thinking of the FI BL's fully loaded or the Q's. i want a middle of soundquality and spl. i think that fi is the way to go. i would like an AQ2200D powering these beasts. and a 6 cubic foot enclosure. thats net volume

Thought I posted this in this thread but guess not...
First system I was actually impressed by was 4 MTX9500 15s walled behind the first row in a Tblazer. Was rather impressive. Put the right power to them in the right box I think you'll be happy. Haven't seen any DD9500s that were as impressive.
sorry but I'm still laughing at this, are you actually serious or just trolling?

I like the mtx 9500 but the DD will rape it not even trying

sorry but I'm still laughing at this, are you actually serious or just trolling? I like the mtx 9500 but the DD will rape it not even trying
Completely serious. I have seen a MTX 9500 build that was impressive. I haven't seen a DD9500 build that was as of yet.

People say the same thing about DD9500 raping Solo Xs too, and every comp I've ever been to, I've been louder on less cone area and less power. Vs daily and SPL setups (mine is daily)

Completely serious. I have seen a MTX 9500 build that was impressive. I haven't seen a DD9500 build that was as of yet.
People say the same thing about DD9500 raping Solo Xs too, and every comp I've ever been to, I've been louder on less cone area and less power. Vs daily and SPL setups (mine is daily)
When MTX or kicker takes DD down as the world champions then I will give them the same respect. So far the only 180db cars are all running DD

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.