Rockford fosgate p3d212 amp suggestions

Participant count
  • Participant list

Marrs224
10+ year member

lodi oh
Ok im looking at the rockford p3 12 2ohm what i heard is that its able to run on 1ohm the rms is 500 watts and max is 1000 watts. Ive seen 2 amps that seem like they will be good for the subwoofer the 1st amp is a polk audio PA600 witch rms at 600 watts at 1 ohm the 2nd amp is a soundstream PX1 550 witch rms at 550 watts at 1ohm. I would like to run the subwoofer on 1ohm because i like deep bass but i want it hit hard. And I dont know if these amps would blow the subwoofer. If you have any amp suggestions that would work good for this sub let me know Im looking to spend $330 to $350 I already have rockford wiring kit and box. Also if anyone knows a better subwoofer than p3 let me know but I need to stay below $350 im purchasing this off of onlinecarstereo. thanks

Yes 350 for amp and subwoofer im only getting 1 p3 for now and i want to use a mono block amp the subwoffer is 142.00 so i still have a little bit to work with for a okay amp.

that subwoofer brand is probably the best sub you can get right now in that price range. You will need a custom box built for it. Or you can have a design made and you make it. 10% sub 90% box for how they sound

Have the box tuned to 33 hz most likely depends on music you like

Ok I just never heard of that brand ive been around some ****** systems my brother has jl w7 12 with slash amp and my other brother had a kicker l5, rockford xlt but he just bought new sub a jl w3 12 2ohm. Would that subwoffer be able to compare agianst a jl w3. I have a box already but normally i listen to rap old 3-6 the song is anybody out there i like the deep bass that makes **** vibrate and heavy metal also the kick drums make the sub pump.

Ok I just never heard of that brand ive been around some ****** systems my brother has jl w7 12 with slash amp and my other brother had a kicker l5, rockford xlt but he just bought new sub a jl w3 12 2ohm. Would that subwoffer be able to compare agianst a jl w3. I have a box already but normally i listen to rap old 3-6 the song is anybody out there i like the deep bass that makes **** vibrate and heavy metal also the kick drums make the sub pump.
If thats all you know, dont buy anything until you spend some time reading through the forum. The W7 is a good OK loud SQ sub but its not that good and the L5 is not that good at anything. Personally, I like to spend a bit on a good amp. JL /, RF power, Kicker ZX, Sundown SAZ, older Orion HCCAs to name a few. For subs look into DC, SSA, Incriminator, FI, Digital Designs, Atomic, RD and a few others. The SA is good also. But remember, the more power you run the more draw your charging system sees. So upgrades start adding up also. High out put alternators and battery banks. For cable, Knuconceptz OFC flex is where its at

After reviewing the sundown s512 4ohm it looks to be a good subwoofer and I plan on getting it need help to find a decent amp so that the sub will have nice sound. Sorry about being such a newbie if u could help me know what to look for when buying an amp for a sub that would help.

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.