mounting sub to box...

BigRedMonkey
10+ year member

I was just about to mount my cool new shiva to my box and I thought...hmm... I wonder if theres a better way to do this... soooooooo:

What are the best screws to mount a shiva to a 3/4" mdf sealed box?

Anything else I should do? I was thinkin about lining the hole with a line of clear silicon sealant stuff to make it absolutely air tight... is that the best way to do that?

anything else?

Originally posted by BigRedMonkey I was just about to mount my cool new shiva to my box and I thought...hmm... I wonder if theres a better way to do this... soooooooo:

The tightest you can //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Anything else I should do? I was thinkin about lining the hole with a line of clear silicon sealant stuff to make it absolutely air tight... is that the best way to do that?

Silicone won't do your basket much good... it's got a corroding substance inside it..even though it's 100% dry, I wouldn't trust silicone coming in contact with my sub baskets... besides, it's **** hard to make the layer even.. so why not go for weather-proofing? that'd do the trick~

anything else?
Yeah, go easy on your ears:)

weather proofing could be good... I'm using that to line all the plastic in my car to stop it from rattling against the metal/windows :p I can use the leftover for the sub thx... anyone else?

I'm getting ready to build my box for two Alpine SWR-1021D subs and may end up ordering these security screws to really frustrate the **** out of any sleezeball that tries to swipe them from me.

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&Product_ID=119061&DID=7

The box itself will be a complete ***** to remove from the trunk so this will at least make a thief put some effort into his attempt while I'm getting out of bed, loading the Glock and pulling my shorts on. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Originally posted by BigRedMonkey I was just about to mount my cool new shiva to my box and I thought...hmm... I wonder if theres a better way to do this... soooooooo:

anything else?
i thought everyone in the world was smart enough to know that silicon more specifically the fumes will eat the surround on your subsunless you let it dry in another room or away from your subs somwhere like making a gasket on some waxed paper or something like that do not use it to seal your sub down

Originally posted by Tungsten I'm getting ready to build my box for two Alpine SWR-1021D subs and may end up ordering these security screws to really frustrate the **** out of any sleezeball that tries to swipe them from me.

The box itself will be a complete ***** to remove from the trunk so this will at least make a thief put some effort into his attempt while I'm getting out of bed, loading the Glock and pulling my shorts on. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
wtf i havent not ever saw those b 4...:p

Originally posted by Tungsten I'm getting ready to build my box for two Alpine SWR-1021D subs and may end up ordering these security screws to really frustrate the **** out of any sleezeball that tries to swipe them from me.

hahahahaha- **** man- thats a freakin awesome idea, never even thought of that. - and that glock you speak of...sounds nice. i think it would be more fun to replace it with a pressure-tweaked paintball gun tho...

i think im definitley gonna order a load of those security screws.

-pat

Originally posted by d audio 450 hahahahaha- **** man- thats a freakin awesome idea, never even thought of that. - and that glock you speak of...sounds nice. i think it would be more fun to replace it with a pressure-tweaked paintball gun tho...

i think im definitley gonna order a load of those security screws.

-pat
Ooo... paintball gun fed with about 150psi and some marbles instead of gell caps. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/satan.gif.9c6a335ed7aeeed3ee273e573f1fcaac.gif

Yeah, the security screws are very nice. I ordered about 20 more than I needed, but I figure I will use them for other things down the road. Mounted the subs, amps and distribution block with them alreaedy! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

wow, those screws are an awesome idea. ill use wm when bolting my box down in my jeep wrangler because my car is basically a tent on wheels (soft top). Ill also keep a glock 40 under my pillow to discourage any **** from stealin my goods.

I'm thinking about painting "Radio Shack" on the grille in big letters to discourage thieves from stealing my CDT sub //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Originally posted by azngurlbaybee I'm thinking about painting "Radio Shack" on the grille in big letters to discourage thieves from stealing my CDT sub //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
DOn't need to go overboard... just stick a small label on the cones..

those shiny ones that catches anyone's eyes that read "made in china"

hey that's coo tungsten, i was looking for some special screws like that, n that price aint bad neither.

anything else?
Dont you think you should mount the box to the sub? it sounds better that was(+10db's)

:p :p :p :p :p

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.