box for 2 JL 12W3v2's

Participant count
  • Participant list

LuciousLeftfoot
10+ year member

Hey, I need help on the dimensions for a sealed box for 2 JL 12W3v2's. My trunk space is ~ 37Wx15Hx32D, and I want it to have about 60/40 SPL/SQ ratio. I was told by the guys at Sound Advice (a tweeter company FYI) to just double the volume (1.25), and the specs at JL call for 23x14x10 for a single sub (http://www.jlaudio.com/subwoofers/pdfs/12W3v2_DS.pdf). Everyone tells me to just double the height, but I can't fit 46 inches in my trunk obviously, and I am not the most mathmatecially inclined person out there. They told me they would build me a box for 300 bucks, but that is almost as much as I paid for the subs themselves, so I would rather spend 30-40 bucks and do it myself.

Sorry about the rambling, I just wanted to give as much info as possible so I could get a good answer. Thanks in advance for the help.

Originally posted by LuciousLeftfoot Hey, I need help on the dimensions for a sealed box for 2 JL 12W3v2's. My trunk space is ~ 37Wx15Hx32D, and I want it to have about 60/40 SPL/SQ ratio. I was told by the guys at Sound Advice (a tweeter company FYI) to just double the volume (1.25), and the specs at JL call for 23x14x10 for a single sub (http://www.jlaudio.com/subwoofers/pdfs/12W3v2_DS.pdf). Everyone tells me to just double the height, but I can't fit 46 inches in my trunk obviously, and I am not the most mathmatecially inclined person out there. They told me they would build me a box for 300 bucks, but that is almost as much as I paid for the subs themselves, so I would rather spend 30-40 bucks and do it myself.

Sorry about the rambling, I just wanted to give as much info as possible so I could get a good answer. Thanks in advance for the help.
PM a guy named Jmac, he is the box-master.

So what you are saying is my only options are ported, and a sealed won't fit in that area? If thats the case, //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/banghead.gif.8606515f668c74f6de0281deb475b6fd.gif .

Thanks for the help Jmac, I will see what I can do. I have built sealed boxes before, but never messed with ported, but if its my only option, then I guess now is a good time to learn.

****, I feel like an idiot right about now //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

I guess I want to get the dimensions on a sealed box then, if its not too much trouble, could you do that, if it is, I can understand why. Sorry for making you go thru that trouble.

You are the man, I don't care what they say about you //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Seriously, thanks a million, you saved me some money that I didn't want to part with, and for that, I am grateful. Maybe I will post more than 5 times around here //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

jmac,

could you give me box specs for the same JL 12w3v2 woofers with a shared port?, but gettin 300 watts rms and they are the dual 2 ohms.

i was messing with winisd and was thinking of a 1.75" wide by 14" high port by 14.75" long, but im still unsure about the final length. and all this would be in a 3.69 net cu ft box. could you give me some suggestions or help?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.