Amplifier Mounting

Well here it is, if you don't like it come do it over for me lol. Used a coated piece of finished wood from home depot. I then mounted my amps to it, then mounted to my seat backs with tek screws. I am going to get another fuse block because the one I have ***** and the cover keeps vibrating off it. Threw the little 10 AB xd in there for now, have to be careful this amp wants to kill it lol. The little Taramps is really pushing the mids hard, thanks for the advice on it.

Attachments

• IMG_20230415_193556039_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230415_193556039_HDR.jpg
    495.2 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:
Yes it's dirty, I cleaned it up good after I was done lol. It had tree straps and other winching stuff from trail riding in the back, plus I carry a chain saw when I ride so it gets messy.

This is another wives tale that people spout without any proof. Yes, your box vibrates, but so do your seats, mirrors, windows, ears, body panels, and every other part of your vehicle. What's the difference?

The only logical reason I've heard to not mount your amp on the enclosure is to help prevent theft.

Well **** I blew the little Ab 10, I didn't even have it turned up at all, maybe an 1/8 on the amp and I just laid into it a little with the bass knob. I metered it and it shouldn't have been any more then 800rms, this amp is sand bagging lol. Man I thought an Ak47 was being ripped into the back of the Jeep. RIP Ab 10XD you were a good lil fella and got me back into the game lol.

Last edited:
Not a wives tale at all that vibration kills electronics. Remember all the CT sounds/Audio Technix amps that were dying from vibration cause they didn't have enough mounts on the boards causing them to flex and break. Vibration can cause fatigue in solder joints that can end up breaking.

Well **** I blew the little Ab 10, I didn't even have it turned up at all, maybe an 1/8 on the amp and I just laid into it a little with the bass knob. I metered it and it shouldn't have been any more then 800rms, this amp is sand bagging lol. Man I thought an Ak47 was being ripped into the back of the Jeep. RIP Ab 10XD you were a good lil fella and got me back into the game lol.
That sub was taking a serious azz whooping!! Surprised she held up a bit.I havent blown any AB subs yet, Ive had an XO 10 on approx 500 rms daily and still coils look great.Maybe you can run another cheap sub until you get your SA sub in? Something like this//?

Well here it is, if you don't like it come do it over for me lol. Used a coated piece of finished wood from home depot. I then mounted my amps to it, then mounted to my seat backs with tek screws. I am going to get another fuse block because the one I have ***** and the cover keeps vibrating off it. Threw the little 10 AB xd in there for now, have to be careful this amp wants to kill it lol. The little Taramps is really pushing the mids hard, thanks for the advice on it.
Ive done this more than my share.No shame in it, as long as its secured. Ive done this in my 92 and 93 Integras, and my 90 240sx covered with either speaker carpet or vinyl with 4-5 washers to lift amps up off the board with air flow from a scroll fan

Yes it's dirty, I cleaned it up good after I was done lol. It had tree straps and other winching stuff from trail riding in the back, plus I carry a chain saw when I ride so it gets messy.
:DYou can always add one of these to carry the goods at times. I like the Alumin. ones. seems to never rust,a bit more light weight and pretty sturdy

Last edited:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...