Mounting Sub on top of box

slikrider20
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Nebraska
TO conserve money, i recently got 2 pieces of mdf and made the heights on all the pieces 11.5 inches, making the 13" total. The cut out diameter on the sub i'm getting(mag d2) is 11.125", it will be severely close, and i'm not sure if i wanna risk messing it up. However the depth, is more like 15 inches and i wondered if it would make any differeence at all to mount the sub on the top of the box? thanks

I want to mount the sub on the top of the box, because the side of the box where i would normally would mount it may be too small, but i have plenty of room on top and i wanted to know if it would make a difference in sound quality. I can't see it making any difference. I cant explain it any better

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.