Mounting/Stacking Amps

Participant count
  • Participant list

mystang
10+ year member

"Cookie Monster"
SC
I need to mount two amps together. One on top of the other.

What is the easiest, best way to do this. I also need to keep them as tight as possible due to space limitations.

Any suggestions?

threaded rod with nuts on bolth sides of the amp to keep it suspended above the other amp. Might need an extra cooling fan or 2 to keep the air moving.

all thread and some bolts
threaded rod with nuts on both sides of the amp to keep it suspended above the other amp. Might need an extra cooling fan or 2 to keep the air moving.
I thought about this but then how do I mount the 2 amps to the floor?

I don't not have access below.

I originally thought about some 4"-5" screws, but not sure how well that will work

I thought about this but then how do I mount the 2 amps to the floor?I don't not have access below.

I originally thought about some 4"-5" screws, but not sure how well that will work
make an amp rack from MDF for the bottom amp...Use a threaded rod through the amps as stated, drill holes in the amp rack, run the threaded rods through and put nuts/washers on the bottom to secure..

Secure the rack to the floor, AFTER carefully inspecting for obstructions/wiring/brake/fuel line/fuel tank etc...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.