Mounting Speakers in my Center Console

Participant count
  • Participant list

McCoysRevenge

CarAudio.com Newbie
Iowa
Hello everyone, I have recently built a center console for my 1986 El Camino and am wanting to mount some speakers into it due to it only coming with one mount in the dash. I am hoping you can advise me on what type of speakers I should/can put in it. It is 6.5" tall and will be insulated and wrapped in vinyl, it will be completely sealed except the shifter slot. I would really like to get 4 speakers into it, it is essentially going into a street/drag car, not looking for premium sound or anything just need a bit of music that I can hear over the exhaust. Thank you for any info!

Attachments

• Center Console 2.jpg
    Center Console 2.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 262
  • Center Console.jpg
    Center Console.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 284
You might be able to fit some 6x9s in there or 2 sets of 5.25s. Id put an amp on them . get some power on the speakers to help drown out as much exhaust noise as possible. Sound deadening the floor will do wonders also

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.