Mounting Amp on Box?

uh oh! here we go again... this very same question started somewhat of a heated debate. alot of people mount their amps on the sub box (myself included) and i have even seen some high-end car audio salons (lol) do it. however, some say that the extra vibration caused by mounting directly to the box can shorten the life expectancy of the amp. by the way, if your box rattles too much you need a better box. search around the forum for a similar post and you will get more than an eye's full of (mis)information.

Don't know if I posted to that thread your talking about BUT boxes shouldn't vibrate. The AMP cann't esape vibrations if it's in the same car a the subs are in cause the subs vibrate everything in the car. Driving causes vibrations anyway. So don't worry about it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.